SCMS-PARENTS Archives

Swift Creek Middle School Parents

SCMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Koerner, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2023 13:04:51 +0000
Good morning, Wolves!

We have one more week remaining this nine weeks and a number of accomplishments to celebrate.  Last Friday, Swift Creek participated in the Be Bold, Go Gold event to raise awareness and dontations in the fight against pediatric cancer.  It was great seeing so many of our students wearing gold and supporting students their age that are battling cancer.  For more information on the Be Bold, Go Gold program, please visit https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fbeboldgogold.com%2f&c=E,1,cxlOYpAaPsFrom9qa0f6962tPFNm0OKZWiQTUZfhnamwxPcy-6jWGSs2iHTRh1EMTIwZkPh7UZIh5d63S4jq62-92zJGWv3n59x89R8647wJlDR0v-MPbng5eA,,&typo=1 .  Our Fall sports are winding down and our students performed well and represented Swift Creek in a positive manner.  Congratulations to our volleyball team for making the playoffs and our football team for making the city championship game.  Our Cross country teams placed at the city championship, with our girls team finishing second and earning a spot in the state competition in Lakeland.  Great job!  We are also very proud of our cheer squad for supporting our teams throughout the season.  Our fine arts programs have started their performances this school year.  They are exceptionally talented and I love watching them showcase that talent!  We held Student Government elections this week and I am so proud of all of our students that participated.  We have a great council this year that will be planning events around campus.

There are a number of upcoming events in the coming weeks.  Baseball, girls basketball, and boys soccer tryouts are currently being held, with practices beginning Monday.  Our running club also starts on Monday.  Students must have an AP and Physical form on file and complete the FORMS document<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fforms.office.com%2fr%2fJ1WJFDxKya&c=E,1,QQWD9rUbRyG6pV3ckFRw6LxO3ie7Sh7Ehvl-aj2SmdrfqNBK30IaDsa2iTXnFv_H0Z_iBTdjdHx79Q1I7pYcFDdbCNUW0b3R0WghjtjagoA,&typo=1> to participate in running club.  Students received our first communication regarding yearbooks.  I encourage everyone to purchase a yearbook early to take advantage of the discounted price.  Our clubs and organizations are also meeting regularly.  Please visit our school website for more information on our clubs and our school website calendar for meeting dates and times.

Our second Super Howl Out is today.  Please be mindful of this modified schedule if you need to pick your student up early.  Starting next week, SGA is organizing a supply drive for our local animal shelters.  There is no school on Monday, October 16th.  Please see the attached flyer from Lincoln baseball skills camp on this day.

PTSO has a share night on October 11th at Chipotle.  Please see the flyer below for more information.  PTSO is also organizing our annual Fall Family Movie Night on October 20th.  This is a great event for our community with a Trunk or Treat at 6:00 and a movie at 7:00 (Or when it is dark).  Please see the attached flyer for more information.  You can pre-order food for this event by visiting this link.<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fcheckout.square.site%2fbuy%2fOFU7EL7CMIWVUF5SU6JK4CXX%3ffbclid%3dIwAR0BKB4zZUpnmJ0vFOyy47kIpGH5dYY6l5QiJJkVNTUtB62UfToB05UNXvs&c=E,1,_LJTSHVHKia6VPpaVFOuVRimAcI5UMyoM0bu1XDtcWrCDyPpV6uOVwE2kwrl8IQ9Zwoq6FtTPbJKSPAkgJo8K-p1MsY-rjuI687OfX4HjsPhyaxM&typo=1>  We are asking families to donate candy for our Trunk or Treat and creating a homeroom competition for donations.  If you are able, please label your donated candy bags with your students name and homeroom and bring to the main office before October 18th.  We are also in need of volunteers for the event.  If interested, please visit this link<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0848AAAC2BA3FAC52-44433980-movie#/> to sign up.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D9F834.28F62C70]

Thank you for another great week at The Creek.  Have a great weekend!