SCMS-PARENTS Archives

Swift Creek Middle School Parents

SCMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Koerner, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:07:52 +0000
Good afternoon, Wolves!

I hope everyone had a safe and restful winter break.  It was great to see all of our Wolves back at school today!

As many of you are aware, a severe line of thunderstorms is entering our area.  The district has been monitoring this storm and its projected impact in our area.  It is projected that the storm will bring strong winds and thunderstorms into our area beginning around 7:00 AM Tuesday morning, continuing until early afternoon on Tuesday.  Due to the projected winds, Leon County Schools will be closed Tuesday, 1/9.  The district will monitor the storm an any damage that may occur at our school sites to determine Wednesday's schedule.  Please monitor district social media for updates to Wednesday's  school plan.  The district will also reviewing if there will be any required updates to the district master calendar based on state seat time requirements.  I will provide these updates when they become available.

Although there is projected rain this afternoon, school will continue today as scheduled, with all afterschool and extra-curricular activities to continue as scheduled today as well.  School and all extra-curricular activities will be cancelled tomorrow, Tuesday, January 9th, and an update on Wednesday's schedule will be provided by the district after any damage is assessed Tuesday afternoon.

Please stay safe during the storm and we hope to see everyone back at school on Wednesday.