SCMS-PARENTS Archives

Swift Creek Middle School Parents

SCMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Rishell, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:53:39 +0000
SCMS Family,  LCS is significantly short-staffed related to school bus drivers.  Until the end of the school year we could continue to have days when routes will have to be consolidated.  This will lead to buses leaving our campus much later than scheduled and students arriving to their drop-off points later than planned.

SCMS will continue to send out ListServs to notify parents the times late buses leave our campus.  Many of you have let me know that you are not receiving these ListServs until hours after they were sent.  I have spoken to LCS about this.  G-mail accounts often see school ListServs as "spam" mail and because of this "throttle" them down so that the e-mails are not sent as fast as other e-mails - this means it hours before e-mails are received by those with G-mail accounts.  Nothing can be done by LCS to remedy this situation, the suggestion was made to consider changing to a Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. account.

You can reach out to LCS at the Conner-Lakes Compound with any transportation questions/concerns you may have.  The information is below.  Please also note that your child can use their cell phone to call home when they are on the bus ramp after school  if they are being told that the bus will be significantly late leaving our school site.

Conner-Lakes Compound
(All Routes starting with a 2)

Reginald Wilson/Lacardo Henderson - Compound Project Mgr
3601 Conner Blvd
Tallahassee, FL 32311
Telephone Number: (850) 922-6701

Regards,
Sue Rishell
Principal
Swift Creek Middle School
2100 Pedrick Road
Tallahassee, FL  32317
Phone: 850-414-2670
Fax: 850=414-2650

"Every time I am asked what is the most important job in the world, I always answer teacher!  Teachers are the people who hand out life chances for everyone... Our society needs to value the fact that quality teachers inform and shape quality students who in the future become quality community members.  This is what education is all about."

Patrick Schwartz From Disability to Possiblity: The Power of Inclusive Classrooms