SABALPALM-PARENTS Archives

Sabal Palm Elementary Parents

SABALPALM-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Robinson, Anicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 15:23:52 +0000

Dear Educators,

On Saturday, February 24, the MagLab will host its annual Open House! This free event features something for visitors of every age: hands-on demonstrations, self-guided tours, activities from our educational partners, food, and the chance to meet and chat with our scientists and other MagLab staff. It's also a chance to do good for the community: The canned goods we collect as the unofficial price of admission go to America's Second Harvest Food Bank of the Big Bend.

Open House offers an up-close look at our record-breaking 45-tesla hybrid magnet, our 900-megahertz superconducting magnet, our new 32 tesla all superconducting magnet, and other powerful research instruments. With information and activities targeting a variety of ages, this event has become a popular family outing and is a can't-miss opportunity to show children how fun science can be. That doesn't mean the fun and learning are over once our visitors leave. We've been busy building up online demonstrations of some of what you'll see at Open House, so you can extend and apply what you've learned long after the day's over.

2018 OPEN HOUSE

When: Saturday, February 24, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Where: MagLab, 1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive, Tallahassee

Cost: Free! But please bring a canned good to donate to America’s Second Harvest Food Bank of the Big Bend.