SABALPALM-PARENTS Archives

Sabal Palm Elementary Parents

SABALPALM-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Robinson, Anicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:53:23 +0000

Leon County Schools observes its annual Spring Break next week, March 14 -18.  This is an exciting time of year but also a time to make sure that our students are thinking about safety.

This week, we have visited every high school campus to talk with students about making good decisions. We have had great discussions with them about how to enjoy activities during spring break while maintaining awareness of potentially harmful situations they encounter.

Sometimes peers have more influence than the adults in our students' lives, so we have focused our message on how they can help friends and other peers who may not be exercising good judgment.  We have also asked our students to put the power of social media to work by sharing their positive real-time spring break activities and messages with friends using the hashtag #LCSsafeSB16. So far they have embraced this campaign.  We invite you to join as well.

Our district produced a 30-second public service announcement with a few tips to encourage our students to be safe while enjoying spring break.  You can watch this announcement at  http://ow.ly/ZjBPV.

I hope that you and your children have a positive spring break experience.   Keep in mind that Monday, March 21st, is a Teacher Planning Day so students will not report that day.

Thank you for your continued support of our school district. The safety of our students and staff is our top priority.

Sincerely,

Jackie Pons
Superintendent of Schools

P.S You can follow us on social media at:
Twitter: @LeonSchools
Facebook: Like the Leon County Schools Page
Instagram: LeonCountySchools