RICKARDS-PARENTS Archives

Rickards Parents

RICKARDS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Cooper, E. Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2023 12:57:47 +0000
JAMES S. RICKARDS HIGH SCHOOL

SPECIAL LISTSERV

[cid:image002.jpg@01D8C8F9.1D76B380]

[cid:image004.jpg@01D9FA8E.AA309170]

SENIORS APPLYING TO FSU:

Samantha Buxbaum- Florida State University Admission Counselor would like to extend an invitation to high school seniors to attend a virtual admissions presentation, that she will be hosting this upcoming Tuesday evening, October 10th at 7PM. This will be most relevant to students who are looking to apply to our upcoming Early Action October 15th deadline.

This admissions presentation will cover our current application process including: how to apply, what application materials are needed for a complete application, a review of our application dates and deadlines, as well as an overview of Florida State's holistic review process. Because of the timely nature of this presentation, we would like to limit attendance to current high school seniors, and their parents only.

Attached is a flyer that has a QR code and a link where students can register for this event.

Please see the attachments regarding USING the Canvas PARENT APP.

[Image result for asvab college and career opportunities]

    Juniors and Seniors - Career Opportunities.  If you are interested in matching your interests to potential job skills, college majors, career opportunities, or military service take the ASVAB on Wednesday, October 18th.  Sign up/Email with Ms. Nathan, Guidance Secretary or Lieutenant Colonel Proctor in JROTC ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

IMPORTANT DATES:

Senior College Application Day (During school hours)

Wednesday, October  11, 2023

End of 1st Quarter

Friday, October 13, 2023

Teacher Planning Day - No School for Students

Monday, October 16, 2023

Title 1 Sophomore/Junior Parent Night - 6 PM

Wednesday, October  18, 2023

Report Cards - uploaded to FOCUS at 4 PM

Wednesday, October  25, 2023
Congratulations Jalen Wiggins - Culver's Student Athlete of the Week!

[cid:image004.jpg@01D9C545.85FA9EF0]
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgetfortifyfl.com%2f&c=E,1,Yn7PGgBTv3mZfVUooXs-TmCCyam6YQNfesrOgJ1vljQtgvthiecFhQ6GjLJA1uuZyzrqwd_2R8l6C9-50R2bAVP907lFx85tek1ukEsxSK2XQZkTM-9u3hek9Z9i&typo=1<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgetfortifyfl.com%2f&c=E,1,KSijpDm-vbPx4ozd2CWLeN9auC01S9_7lr2CodBs3Yxdc4Q04J4SCTrnU8LxoFiih4V-88HJ3kyE2rdNyUs14gH5Y1gvhwmGDqk764B7e6rd6Vrn&typo=1&ancr_add=1>