PINEVIEW-PARENTS Archives

Pineview Parents

PINEVIEW-PARENTS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hess, Danielle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2019 16:09:08 +0000
Families,

Here are some answers to common parent portal questions. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

1)      Which browser do I need to use to access my Focus account?

 Google Chrome is the preferred browser, but Firefox will work as well.  Internet Explorer IS NOT a supported browser. You will not see drop-down fields.

2)      What is my username?

Your username is the email address you used when registering for an account.  Do not log in using the student ID – this is not a parent account.

3)      How does my student reset their password when locked out of their account?

 The tech department at the school can reset student passwords.

4)      How do I (a parent) reset my password?

Visit the LCS Parent Portal Page. Click on the Forgot Password option.

5)      How do Parents register for Parent Portal?

The student’s parent will receive a parent portal letter containing a pin number. The parent will receive this letter when attending open house or from their child.  To register, Parents need a parent portal pin, student birthdate and school ID number.  If the Parent is unsure and needs guidance to register, they should visit/contact their child’s school.

6)      Can parents with a Custody Alert register for a portal account?

If there is custody alert for a parent, the parent will be able to register for parent portal but will not be able to add a student to view information. The parent will need to contact the school and provide documentation to add students to their parent portal.

7)      How do I update information on my child’s portal account?

 Periodically, notifications will be pushed to the portal for parents to update. Currently address, contact names, phone numbers, contacts, custody concerns, etc. must be discussed and shared with individual school registrars. Proper verification and documentation may be required.

8)      How do I register/add an additional child?

Do not create a new account.  Creating multiple accounts will cause issues with viewing the student’s information. To enroll a new student, log in to your current account and choose the Online Application option from the Forms menu. To add additional children who are currently enrolled, visit the Parent Portal Page and choose - I have an Account Registered on the Parent Portal but would like to ADD A CHILD.

9)      How can I (the parent) set my account to receive email notifications?

My Information > Preferences > Notifications Tab

 Enter the Email address.

 Use the radio buttons to set preferences:

 Choose how often will notifications be received: Daily, Weekly, Never

Choose what information will the Notifications include: Attendance, Billing Fees, Events and Messages, Upcoming Assignment, Discipline

10)  What happens to my portal account when my child leaves elementary school for middle school or transfers to another district school?

 Focus Parent Portal accounts roll over from year to year, so when your child moves from elementary to middle to high school, you do not have to create a new account.   If your student moves to another Leon County school, your account will be updated with the new school information.

11)  How do I know if all my children are listed on my Parent Portal account? What if I do not see my students listed.

On the Parent Portal student page, the pulldown at the top right of the screen will contain all students linked to the Parent’s Portal. Use the drop-down in the top right. Make sure you are using Google Chrome. Use the register/add additional child, if applicable to add additional children.  Do not complete online enrollment if student is currently attending school.

12)  What happens if I change my email address or no longer have access to that account?

Create a new account. Contact the school and ask the registrar to disable the old account/email address.

13)  Can I access the portal using my mobile device?

Once you have created your credentials on the portal, please download the free Leon County District Schools FOCUS app for parents and students through the Apple and Android stores. The app is a great supplement to the Focus Portal designed to enable quick and easy access while mobile.  This includes your student's grades, attendance, schedule, upcoming assignments, social media links, and district information.  In addition, important school notifications can be pushed to the app. Our goal is to keep you in the know - even while you are on the go! The Focus Portal and app use the same login credentials.

You can also access the portal using the web browser on your phone as well for more information.

[signature]