PINEVIEW-PARENTS Archives

Pineview Parents

PINEVIEW-PARENTS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hess, Danielle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:20:54 +0000
Parents and LCS Community:

As many of you have seen, yesterday, the Governor   announced that all school campuses throughout the State of Florida will be closed until at least April 15th and all state testing and school grades are cancelled for the 2019-20 school year.

District and school staff are continuing to meet. Our primary goals are to ensure that students are fed and that there are a continuity of academic services to our students. We know that there are a lot of unanswered questions. Our team is working as fast as possible to help provide answers but we ask for your continued patience.

In the coming days, we will provide information about a tiered distance learning plan for our students. Our district has students from all walks of life and circumstances, and this plan will be reflective of our demographics.

Latest Updates

We are holding a live Facebook broadcast every day at 2:30pm to provide the community with a daily update. Please follow the district on social media for the latest news:https://www.facebook.com/LeonSchools/

You can also get updated information on our webpage here: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.leonschools.net%2fcovid19&c=E,1,cHPU2cujg6SrpnGnnAeUzgu24xDqifY_jJqyXLRILUXgf7uDjF2ILMc-8LwWBJR0-Sw7aQUvCNXNx422R8jFVFqZRnGJFlO5b6GnHL8BxkSxVqbIn1lwIiqAgceI&typo=1

Meals & Supplemental Food

Next week, we will begin providing supplemental food at 14 school sites around the county between the hours of 10:00am to 1:00pm. The sites are attached to this email.

There will be a Farm Share event at Raa Middle School Wednesday, March 25 at 8:00am.

This is an unprecedented time in our history and our district is prepared to respond accordingly.  By working together calmly, we will all get through this.

Chris Petley

Office of the Superintendent

Leon County Schools

850-694-3009 cell