HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Martin, Terri" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2023 22:10:19 +0000
text/plain (5 kB) , text/html (38 kB) , image003.png (38 kB) , image004.png (38 kB) , image005.png (38 kB) , image006.png (38 kB) , image007.png (38 kB) , image008.png (38 kB) , image009.png (38 kB) , image010.png (38 kB) , image011.png (38 kB) , skateworld FB post.jpg (149 kB) , HRES Booster Program.png (334 kB) , Hawks Take Flight Booster Program.pdf (295 kB)
Hello Hawks Rise Families,
What a week it has been!  I am thankful that the damage to our area was minor, especially compared to the places so close to Tallahassee.  I want to give a huge thank you to our teachers, staff, and families who worked to ensure our students stayed on schedule on the days we were  in school.  This helped our students remain calm and positive during a very scary time.
School Information:

  *   Open House has been rescheduled for September 21 with the same times as planned:

  *   5:30-6:00   Multi-Grade classrooms and Special Area
  *   6:05-6:35   PreK, KG, and 1st Grades
  *   6:40-7:10   2nd and 3rd Grades
  *   7:15-7:45   4th and 5th Grades

  *   September is the first Principal's Book Chat for 2nd -5th graders.  We have ordered more copies of Stuart Little, and they are scheduled to be here by next Thursday. Students must take the test by the end of the school day on October 2 and score a 70% or higher to be eligible to attend the Book Chat on October 5. This is a great opportunity for students to enjoy this great book by reading it independently or reading it with a family member.
  *   Our SAC meeting and PTO meeting have been rescheduled for September 28 since Open House will be on our usual date.
  *   Skill of the Week-Kindness-Actions and behaviors that show concern for yourself and others.
  *   Please see the assessment schedule below for September.
PM 1 Testing Schedule
Tuesday, 9/5
3rd
FAST ELA
Wednesday, 9/6
4th
FAST ELA
Thursday, 9/7
5th
STAR EL
FAST ELA
Friday, 9/8
K, 3-5
Makeups
Tuesday, 9/12
3rd
STAR Math
FAST Math
Wednesday, 9/13
4th
FAST Math
Thursday, 9/14
5th
FAST Math
Friday, 9/15
K,3-5
Makeups

  *   Thank you for continuing to display your car tags during dismissal!
  *   Please see the links below if you are interested in accident insurance/coverage for your school aged children who attend Leon County Schools.  This is optional coverage for your child's protection.

Plan coverage information link: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fschoolinsuranceofflorida.com%2fpages%2fparent%2f1081%2f9069%2fstudent-accident-insurance&c=E,1,qREnBrmUt3LmVX864UIInVqJrPjbxzLCJ5iX8nHIuJNT5s53XNpRt0lzTt7tIkH6S2iJ8MOxgTM-F6HuXXqVKJsQoRVAkjOBKL76c3y-J4k,&typo=1
If you would like to purchase a plan, create a username and password to sign up using the link below: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fschoolinsuranceofflorida.com%2f&c=E,1,3FKpQMrhQKL34RxdZfoVGqjJSl8zGfwLThbD4KczG5LcmpAZKOaBOemilV4ZNsKDff2khockfX2UEiK_UUGzq-Z10ihDHwTU_VK9pJx1PzdUIZQTi84,&typo=1

News from PTO

  *   Our first Share Night is next week!  Please see the attached for information on our Share Night at Skateworld.
  *   Hawks Take Flight!
Who's ready to help our Hawks Take Flight? [??]
Take Flight Booster Program Info<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fhawksriseelementary.square.site%2fproduct%2ftake-flight-booster-progam%2f32%3fcp%3dtrue%26sa%3dtrue%26sbp%3dfalse%26q%3dfalse&c=E,1,lUMv1JE1lCyK7lUqOroJPAeul1xye0CeqXAgnkNK0MaqjHilUx66dj24XWA5eIXBRnK8LpmlbePW_u_GOPEZ9aBBzCLf0CzNcetQFJlzMPQDPn_IfeBrnF7V&typo=1>
We are super excited to launch our new family booster program to kick off the 2023-2024 PTO School Year!
As we all know, our PTO does amazing things throughout the year to support our students and teachers [?]   Now Boarding...the Hawks Take Flight Booster Program (see registration form in photo).

[?] The PTO has set up six different levels of support and no matter what your level of commitment your student wins BIG! For example, each booster registration comes with one booster bash ticket - an exciting and fun event with games, treats, and extra recess time!

[?] There is also a donut party up for grabs for the classes who have the most participation at each grade level - YUM!  Teachers can also win a gift card sponsored by PTO for our participation! [?]

[?] Best part: 100% of the proceeds go to Hawks Rise (supporting our teachers and students)[??]

[?] PTO will have a booth set up at Open House for you to sign up or drop off your registration forms and payment.  Join at any level on or before Open House and be entered into a raffle for 2 Silent Auction Tickets ($50 value).

Now, please buckle your seat belts and get ready to Take Flight!

Important Dates
Sept. 4          Labor Day Holiday
Sept. 5          Share Night at Skate World 7:00
Sept. 6          Site Meeting-Media Center
Sept. 13        Interim Reports
Sept. 14        Grade Chair-Media Center
Sept. 18        Fire Drill
Sept. 28        Faculty Meeting
                       SAC-6:00
                       PTO- 7:00

Have a wonderful long weekend together, and we will see you Tuesday!
In partnership,
Terri

Terri Martin
Principal
Hawks Rise Elementary School
850-487-4733

[https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgetfortifyfl.com%2fstatic%2fimg%2fLogo.png&c=E,1,DKj4W9HA8RmGXRLZioqt5Dwzvkd9jDtL41lLaWnpdlojVWzWQxoNSOZGVyj6grEmrk5HiIAcJAwDUG6SlWBPXrjMb497a938ApCeBgPepA,,&typo=1]