HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Martin, Terri" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:42:42 +0000
Hello Hawks Rise Families,
What a busy week we had here at Hawks Rise!  We enjoyed the Principal's Book Chat, Dr. Seuss' birthday, the 30 Book Challenge celebration, and the 4th grade Greek Festival-check out our Instagram page for some wonderful pictures.

Reminders:

  *   Safety is always a top concern at Hawks Rise!  For morning car drop-off, please remember that students should not be dropped off in the parking lot.  If you choose to use the parking lot, then parents must park and walk their children to the crosswalk.
  *   The school system will be implementing a new payment system for our cafeterias.  I have attached a flyer with more information.  For this year, all students eat free so you will not need to worry about adding money to the account.  Our students will be entering their lunch pins each day or scanning their cards (for our youngest students).
  *   The week of March 13 is Spring Break, and the office at Hawks Rise will be closed for the week.  Of course, you can email me if you need anything!
  *   Our skill for next week is Obedience-Behavior that is respectful and mindful of rules and laws.
  *   Field Day is next week!  The schedule is attached.  Please remember to drop by the school Mon-Wed to get your driver's license scanned so you will not have to wait in a long line on Thursday or Friday.

It's Yearbook time!!

To order our yearbook today, please visit:

https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fshop.yearbookmarket.com%2fhawksriseelementaryschool&c=E,1,JL_0BnLViiBGsHT3gL1KOdVX_EjjzoY4MAPRsTQy5xO0cqNk1W1ySic2vEDhniWDqZNfXjn42_6Yn6BpnOJKeOrwAh081RE9i1bgu5lq5TGYoA,,&typo=1

[cid:image001.png@01D94DF2.442F3870]

Do you have candid photos we could use in the yearbook?

Please follow these guidelines when submitting photos:

*         Photos must be taken at HRES or school-sponsored events (Field trips, field day, Spirit Sprint, classroom parties, etc.)

*         Tips: Have 4 or more HRES students in a photo. Whole class shots are great too! Make sure the photo is good quality - fully in focus and high resolution.

*         Photos must be submitted digitally

When you are ready to upload your photos click the button below, then follow the instructions to complete your upload.

Make sure to choose the correct folder (1st grade, 2nd grade, etc.) and add the teacher's name to the notes section.

[https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.pixami.com%2fext%2fupload-button.png&c=E,1,nsqdNRN0BRbJSMjDpYQPMfOODOogQFrvSY5kQ4wJMfc7lht68ILUpI6dkIqeU2X5NC0Uc-A1clg3eo4PJy61cwTTmM4bKCkB05dVGpbYN7DnMyNLMrht2_s,&typo=1]<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbookbuilder.pixami.com%2FHawksRiseEle%2Fhome3%2FPhotoPost.jsp%3FID%3DQQ2A1X5THFPK&data=05%7C01%7C%7C7ab3afe034cc487d660f08db1b63741b%7C69292adba72a4537aa24d67a6f5642bc%7C0%7C0%7C638133886180837298%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=wisXrqXB%2FzdO%2FdU6Bqm451iDWqP4wxbavMDXyWHdCfU%3D&reserved=0>

While you can use a mobile device for this entire process, a larger screen will make this process easier. You can use a camera or camera phone to take your photos, but we recommend that you use a larger screen - computer, laptop or tablet - for the upload process.

To meet layout deadlines and ensure prompt delivery of our yearbooks, deadlines have been set. Photos turned in after the deadlines cannot be considered. All photos must be submitted by March 25, 2023.

March 9                      Strings concert at Deerlake MS
March 9                      Grade Chair Meeting in Media Center
March 9                      PTO Meeting-7:00
March 10                    End of 3rd quarter
March 13-17              Spring Break
March 20                    Teacher Planning Day
March 22                    KG field trip to the Challenger Center
March 23                     5th Grade trip to Sea World
March 23                    Faculty Meeting
Grade Chair meeting canceled
March 24                    Movie Night
March 29                    2nd Grade field trip to Mission San Luis

Next SAC meeting date TBD.

Have a wonderful weekend!

In partnership,
Terri