HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Jackson, Beth" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2022 23:15:05 +0000
Parents and Guardians  -

Progress Reports were published today in the parent portal.  Please check your child's mid-nine week progress.

We have SAC and PTO meetings tomorrow night in the media center.  SAC is at 6 pm and PTO starts at 7 pm.

It is finally here and the weather looks great!  Field Day!!!

[image004.jpg@01D82FB2]Field Days Schedules will be at the same times:

Thursday, April 21st  (Primary Grades)

Kindergarten: 8:30am -- 10:00am

2nd Grade: 10:15am -- 11:45am

1st Grade: 12:45pm -- 2:15pm

Friday, April 22nd  (Intermediate Grades)

5th Grade: 8:30am -- 10:15am

3rd Grade: 10:30am -- 12:15pm

4th Grade: 12:35pm -- 2:20pm

Field Day Reminders:

*       Put sunblock on your child the morning of field day.  You are also welcome to send a bottle of spray sunblock in for reapplication (please label your child's sunblock bottle).

*       Please encourage students to bring their own water bottle to the run (please label your child's water bottle).

*       Please send your student with a towel.  Classes will have assigned areas.  A towel makes it more comfortable for students to wait for the next event.

*       We are anticipating a crowd but still need to scan parent IDs. If you plan on attending your child's run, please be ready to wait in the office to have your ID scanned.

 Lost and Found items will be placed on tables outside the cafeteria for parents to go through during the Field Days (4/21 and 22). After April 22, all items will be donated.

Please respect the assigned parking spots and do not park in them.  We appreciate your help with this.

Florida Elementary Reading Scholarship Program. Public school students in grades 3 through 5 who scored a Level 1 or 2 on their FSA ELA may be eligible for a reading scholarship. The scholarship is $500 and could be used by families for services such as afterschool tutoring in reading.  Scholarships are still available, and the application will be open until the end of April. This program is administered by the state of Florida. More information is available at FLDOE Elementary Reading Scholarship Program<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.leonschools.net%2Fdomain%2F8629&data=04%7C01%7C%7Ca9871dba983d42f0082208da1e4e712c%7C69292adba72a4537aa24d67a6f5642bc%7C0%7C0%7C637855620247540563%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=VEQ0R2RKfoQFl5RhZdjsrZNkcFaBGWZuAq38ZuppdP8%3D&reserved=0>.

The Peanut Butter and Jelly Drive ends this week.  Thank you for the generous donations. We will continue to take them through Friday.

[cid:image004.png@01D854EA.D8CB4430]Save the date for May 12 - even if you do not have a 3rd or 4th grade student.  We are hosting our first ever student drum performance (featuring our 3rd and 4th graders) and an art show and late night library for all students to enjoy!  Food trucks will be present if you want to grab dinner.

If you have a 3rd-5th grade student you'd like to participate in the LCS Take Your Daughter and Son to Work Day on Thursday, April 28, 2022, please complete the attached form and return it to the office prior to April 28th.  In order for the absence to be excused, you will also need to submit a written statement on your company's letterhead to our front office by Monday, May 1, 2022, verifying the student accompanied you to work on the event day.
The federal government created the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund to support additional student interventions at the school level.  These funds allow Hawks Rise to provide strategic, intense interventions over the summer to a select group of students.  This summer, we will have intensive academic camp for current Hawks Rise students in Kindergarten through 4th grade.  Participation in these camps will be based on specific criteria and by invitation only.  We hope to send invitations in the next week when our final progress monitoring data is available.

Carnival is BACK! Saturday, April 23, 12-3 pm  Family Fun Carnival - April 23, 2022, 12-3 p.m.  HRES PTO is so excited about the return of carnival on Saturday, April 23! Bounce houses, carnival games, lunch options including pizza, hot dogs and Dreamland BBQ sandwiches, plus plenty of sweet treats for an afternoon of spring fun with your family on our beautiful campus. Presale armbands will be available before school and after school select days next week and during Field Day. Purchase in advance for $15 and get 10 food tickets included! Day-of price is $15 for armband ONLY and food tickets are 10 for $5.  We need the full support of our families to make the event a success. Each booth/bounce house is assigned to 1-2 classes. Please sign up to volunteer for one shift for your class!
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044da5a92ba02-hres<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.signupgenius.com%2Fgo%2F508044da5a92ba02-hres&data=04%7C01%7C%7Ca9871dba983d42f0082208da1e4e712c%7C69292adba72a4537aa24d67a6f5642bc%7C0%7C0%7C637855620247540563%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=PGfaRidZZb10e56z1BV92t7SkgFd1GuO8q7XrzBWSbs%3D&reserved=0>

Dates to Remember

April 21 and 22 - Field Days

April 21 - SAC and PTO

April 23 - School Carnival

May 12 - 3rd & 4th grade performance, art show, and late night library

Standardized Testing Dates.

Grades 4-5 ELA Reading                 May 3-4

Grades 3-5 Math                             May 10-11

Grade 5 Science                              May 17-18

Thank you for sharing your student with us.  We are so grateful for each of them.

Beth