HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Martin, Terri" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:49:58 +0000
Hello Hawks Rise Families,
     We have been focusing on Kindness for the past couple of weeks, and it is a joy to see the many acts of kindness from our students.  In addition to discussing ways to be kind to others, we also discussed using your words to let someone know if they have hurt your feelings.  Some of the phrases students can use are, "I don't like it when you do that.  I don't think that is funny.  When you say that, it hurts my feelings."    I told the students that these are sometimes hard to say to their peers so they may need to practice.

School Information

  *   Listserv is going away!! Please make sure your email is correct in Focus so that you will continue to receive the Hawk Squawk and other important information from us beginning March 1.
  *   KG-2nd Principal's Book Chat for February--Chickens Don't Fly by Laura Lyn Disiena.  1st and 2nd grade students should read and take the AR test by 3:00 on March 4.  Kindergarten students should draw a picture and write/dictate a fun fact they have learned from the book and turn it in to Mrs. Martin by 3:00 on March 4.
  *   Music Performance for 1st and 2nd grade-March 22 (Movie Night) at 7:30 pm
  *   Field Day is coming!!  Please see the schedule below.  Visitors on campus will need to have their licenses scanned and get a badge before they are allowed on campus.  This is a wonderful event, and we have many parents attend.  The line to get scanned will be long so please plan to come Monday-Wednesday of next week to get pre-scanned.

Primary Grades Field Day Schedule:

Thursday, February 29th

Kindergarten: 8:30AM - 10:00AM

1st Grade: 10:00AM - 11:30AM

2nd Grade: 12:45PM - 2:15PM

Intermediate Grades Field Day Schedule:

Friday, March 1st

3rd Grade: 8:30AM - 10:15AM

5th Grade: 10:20AM - 12:05PM

4th Grade: 12:35PM - 2:20PM
PTO News
Get ready to Unleash Your Imagination at the Hawks Rise Silent Auction - a black and white affair with a pop of color! Join us on Friday, April 5th at the Northside Community Center from 6:30-9:30pm (bidding ends at 9pm). The auction will include heavy hors d'oeuvres, a DJ, dance floor, photo booth, drink specials, AWARD winning class baskets, and hundreds of items to bid on to benefit our school. Feel free to dress up or come as you are, there will be a prize for best dressed! This is an adult only event, tickets will be sold online starting March 1st at https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fhawksriseelementary.square.site%2f&c=E,1,yHHAvWA1w7o4JxDb8OwO2H8cBn3GR8oqxih8AqZIrPSCtF6PhHFsfQd13mhSKy88Gpv2tz49-8hzJGr94KLoVlU94soXHNBNNTN8f9UXIpM27BWbnS6XrP_rHN-FDQ,,&typo=1<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fhawksriseelementary.square.site%2f&c=E,1,5mxKnRGlw9tA3SS3mSuSF1LRQs9rat4_nz09x_c-F-GkRiDVeAUnIer3y0pou4zQN3dZORGcmSMO2ePAj_upQfArl-4MfXF9ptEJibWDTLpbQucjMsPn7LrOWjg,&typo=1&ancr_add=1> and at the door the day of.
Don't worry if you can't make it to the auction, there is a non-attendance ticket option you can purchase as a donation to the school and help your child's class win a party and imagination swag! Look out for more details being released soon.

Lastly, if you have a business and want to donate your services or a bid item, have a property for a weekend getaway, or your family would like to be a sponsor, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. We so appreciate all of our sponsors and the gracious donations; it helps make the auction so much better
 Important Dates
Feb. 24            Mini-Mu @ Cobb MS
Feb. 26           Fire Drill
Feb. 29            Field Day-KG-2nd
March 1          Field Day- 3rd -5th
March 1          First Friday Nest Lunch
March 6          Inclusion Day
March 7          New to the Nest Meeting-3:15
March 8          End of 3rd quarter
March 10-15  Spring Break
March 18        Teacher Planning Day
March 22        Movie Night

Have a wonderful weekend!
In partnership,
Terri

Terri Martin
Principal
Hawks Rise Elementary School
850-487-4733

FortifyFL: Submit a Tip
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2f%2f%2fwww.getfortifyfl.com%2fTip.html&c=E,1,96kITIVX_iRP6X__Voy6isFY_ggj2n8P8hbAjOOsqw8U3pCZKmSoau8ATwAEmikWn7-41vCew9lUUsDCY5w-yjQd7DOTT1DxHVsW8UYN1UdLrZ2NO3XDgg,,&typo=1<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.getfortifyfl.com%2fTip.html&c=E,1,gvgTwVuq5Z2wDAGqBJ3PPvUKuMY9qw15JUG8Y7V9R0SrzGIqiVPFwS5WjlsmytNyp4wY2rshZURvNNchOL8scgmY9mMlhac8WFwFrEdmpFtT&typo=1>