HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Martin, Terri" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 20:06:58 +0000
Hello Hawks Rise Families,
We have made it to Thanksgiving week!  We hope that our students enjoy the week with family and friends. It will be a great time to rest, play, and read as we prepare for the end of the semester.  In December, our students will complete our Progress Monitoring 2 sessions, and we look forward to seeing the growth our students have made.

Information

  *   Skill of the Week-Leadership-Speaking up or taking action.
  *   Helping Hands is here! Helping Hands is a way for Hawks Rise students and families to provide gifts for other Hawks Rise families in need.  Like last year, there will be an online signup if you would like to participate. Here's the link to signup:
[cid:image002.jpg@01DA1967.B02FCEE0]https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084AAAAF2FA02-45731989-helping

  *   The Ox Bottom Manor Neighborhood will be holding a Fun Run on November 18.  Please see the message below and the attached flyer.
On behalf of the Ox Bottom Manor Community Board of Directors, I would like to invite you to participate in our first ever 1 mile/5K Fun Walk Run (Fun Run Races) on November 18, 2023.  The races will be non-competitive because the purpose of the event is to bring the community together for a little laughter and some fun for a few hours enjoying family and friends.  For parents and students that live inthe community, you can register by going to Community Events | Ox Bottom Manor Community<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.oxbottommanor.com%2fp%2fCommunity-Events&c=E,1,2s5yt2rG_BBAhMwn5HSw7gXo9GDlWwiFDCDYGZN7qVpTTFSO3WSvqo1aS0KZOvqO7FQYLRdow6oZHVptccsXYsA1X_861hPCnvVoAVKdlmXKX4t42rO2dA,,&typo=1> and selecting the link for the Fun Run Races.  However, if you do not live in the community, but are interested in participating, you can email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  See the attached flyer for more details about this fun family-oriented event.  Registration is free for everyone!  Hope you will join us!
Anita B. Hicks
Ox Bottom Manor Community
Social Committee Member

PTO News

It's BOOK FAIR time at Hawks Rise!
November 29th  - December 1st will be class preview days for students to come in with their teachers and make wish lists. The Book Fair will be open for business on Monday, December 4th. The hours of operation are as follows:
* December 4th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm
* December 5th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm
* December 6th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm,
                                 3 pm - 7 pm (after school shopping hours)
* December 7th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm
* December 8th:  8:30 am - 1:15 pm ( GrandHawk's Day)
We need lots of volunteers to help our students shop!  Please take a look at the sign up and sign up for any times you can help.
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050C44ACAD22AAFB6-46130780-book

Important Dates

  *   Nov. 20-24  Thanksgiving Break
  *   Nov 30          Fall Picture Retake
  *   Dec. 1            First Friday Nest Lunch

5th grade Speech Contest

Lock down Practice

  *   Dec. 4-8        Book Fair
  *   Dec. 4-8        Food Drive
  *   Dec. 8           Grand Hawks Day-see attached
  *   Dec. 14          Grade chair- Cancelled
  *   Dec. 19          End of quarter

Dec. 20-Jan. 5-Winter Holidays.  Students return January 8, 2024!

PTO Spotlight

CAMPUS USA Credit Union is a member-owned financial co-op that has been serving North Central Florida since 1935. CAMPUS is committed to giving back to the community, supporting its employees, and providing excellent service to its members. CAMPUS USA Credit Union combines the best aspects of traditional banking with the added benefits of community focus, member ownership, and competitive rates. It's an institution that prioritizes the financial well-being of its members and the communities it serves, making it a compelling choice for those seeking a better banking experience. Come experience the credit union difference at CAMPUS USA Credit Union!
 [image0.gif]

Enjoy your time together during the Thanksgiving holiday break!
In partnership,
Terri