HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Martin, Terri" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2022 16:00:42 +0000
Hello Hawks Rise Families,

We hope you and your family are enjoying a wonderful Winter break!  We are excited to begin the new year, and the new semester, when students return Wednesday, January 4.

  *   Second semester report cards will be available on Parent Portal on January 11.

  *   The December Principal’s K-2 Book Chat will actually take place on January 6, and the last day to take the AR test will be on January 5. Kindergarten students should also turn in the                                                            picture of their favorite part of the book by January 5.   This will give families plenty of time to finish reading Winnie the Pooh.

  *   Our 2nd -5th graders will have their next Principal’s Book Chat on January 31, and we will be reading On the Wings of Heroes by Richard Peck.  We have ordered extra copies for the media center (set to arrive Jan. 4) so students may check with Mrs. Tamplin for availability.

  *

3rd Quarter Reading Challenge --For the next reading challenge, students are encouraged to read 30 books on a variety of genres. After reading each book, students should color in the corresponding square on their bookmark for the category and list the book title on the back. Students in grade 1st – 5th grade should read books in their range and take the AR quizzes. The challenge runs from December 17 – March 1st. Students who complete the challenge by the deadline will attend a pizza party on March 3rd. They will also have the opportunity to throw water balloons at Mrs. Martin, Mr. Wise, Mrs. Tamplin, and Mrs. Van Hise! This challenge is separate from AR goals. Students will be rewarded for making their 3rd quarter goals by the classroom teachers. Renaissance/AR will be closed over the winter break. Students may quiz when they return to school on January 4th.

  *   FAST second Progress Monitoring session will take place in January.   We look forward to gathering this data so that we can see how much growth each child has made since the first Progress Monitoring session!

  *   Jan. 9-12       Prek-2nd ELA assessment
  *   Jan. 11           4th/5th ELA assessment
  *   Jan. 12           3rd ELA assessment
  *   Jan. 13           Make-ups
  *   Jan. 17-20    K-2 Math assessment

We would like to send many thanks to our PTO and parents for your thoughtfulness and generosity.  The teachers and staff enjoyed the breakfast, lunch, and the many goodies delivered to the school during the last week of the semester.  You are truly appreciated!

Have a Happy New Year!  We'll see you in January!

In partnership,
Terri Martin