GODBY-PARENTS Archives

Amos P. Godby High School

GODBY-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Cole, Desmond" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole, Desmond
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2023 21:40:31 +0000
Dearest Godby Community,

Godby High School is saddened by the tragic death and loss of one of our student. She was a senior with an extremely bright future. We couldn't be more distraught and stunned to have to share this news with you. She will be deeply missed by her family, friends and staff at Godby High School. As more information is shared from the family regarding funeral services and ways to extend support, we will reach out to keep our Godby Community informed. Lifting them up during this especially horrific time is so critical.

Today our school counselors visited classrooms to help our students cope with this tragedy. This will happen again tomorrow. Their doors remain open to support our students as needed. Should your child need support from our guidance/counseling team, please do not hesitate to reach out to them.

Below is a list of our counselors and the grade levels they serve:

9th Grade - Joy Spires ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
10th Grade - Tameka Rumph ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
11th - 12th Grade (A-G) - Brittany Schemeckenbecher ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
11th - 12th Grade (H - N) - Sabrina Tyson ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
11th - 12th Grade (O - Z) - Amy Diskin ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

         Desmond Cole
               Principal
Amos P. Godby High School
[cid:image001.png@01D30C44.3A7F3140]