From:
"Lewis, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:43:08 -0400
We hope all of our families made it through the recent storms safely.
We are now into our second week of school and the following is our first
parent update:

Student Schedule Changes

Students may pick up a Schedule Change Request form from Guidance this
week.  Please read over the procedures for getting a schedule change
with your student, fill out the form and return it to Guidance or the
front office.

Sports - Questions?  Call Coach Terraca Jones 488-4200

All student athletes of Griffin MS are invited to attend Sports Physical
Day on Saturday, August 30, 2008, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Cost is $50.00
cash.  If you play or you are planning to play a sport at GMS, you will
be able to receive your yearly physical by registering with Coach Jones.
The deadline for registering is Thursday, August 28th.

Dr. Russo from the Tallahassee Chiropractic, Sports Medicine, and Rehab
Center will be on campus to perform the physicals.  For more
information, please see Coach Jones in Guidance.

Remember:  All students must have a sports physical, HIPPA form, and LCS
Activity/Participation form turned in to Coach Jones before they may
participate in tryouts for any sport.  Volleyball tryouts will begin on
Tuesday, August 26.  Football tryouts next Tuesday and Cross Country
will have their first meet on September 11 (watch for tryouts soon).
Cheerleading has had their interest meeting and Coach Griffin is ready
to get started today.  The GMS Fall Sports Schedule is included as an
attachment.

Calendar Updates:

Sept. 1              Labor Day Holiday - No School

Sept. 2              Football tryouts begin

Sept. 4              GMS Open House: 6:30-7:30 p.m.

                        Pre-IT House Warming:  6:00-6:30 p.m. - Come see
out new state of the art technology program!

Sept. 12            Student Picture Day