CONLEY-PARENTS Archives

Conley Elementary School

CONLEY-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Koerner, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2022 19:26:31 +0000
Good afternoon, Yellow Jackets!

Welcome Back!  I hope everyone had a restful Spring Break.  The 4th 9 weeks started this week- it's hard to believe we are two months away from the end of the school year.

This week kicked off our sixth Principal's AR Challenge and it will continue through Friday, 4/8.  Please continue to encourage your student to read and participate in this event.  Our 4th and 5th grade students participated in an FSA practice writing test on Wednesday.  They worked extremely hard and I can't wait to see how they perform on the official statewide test in April.  We held our annual field day today.  I appreciate all of our volunteers that reached out to Coach Vance and were able to participate today.  The students had a great time and it was a fun way to end a rainy week.

Next week, our 3rd grade students will participate in a practice FSA assessment.  While this does not impact student grades, it is a great opportunity for them to practice the skills they have learned this year.  3rd 9 week report cards will be posted to FOCUS on Wednesday, 3/30.

As a reminder, Kindergarten registration is currently open for the 2022-23 school year.  Registration is completed through Leon County's Office of Admissions.  I have included a flyer that details instructions for registration.  Conley will be hosting a kindergarten orientation for new 2022-23 kindergarten students on Tuesday, April 12th from 5:30-6:30 pm.  For health and safety reasons, we ask that only parents attend the orientation in order to limit traffic into our classrooms.   Our future Yellow Jackets will have an opportunity to meet teachers and explore classrooms at a later date.  Parents will have an opportunity on 4/12 to meet our teachers, visit our classrooms, and receive additional information that will help make the new school year successful.

All students entering 6th or 9th grade during the 2022-23 school year are required to resubmit their proofs of address to the Leon County Office of Admissions before promotion.  New schedules for the 2022-23 school year may not be generated for students who do not complete this process.  All students, both zoned and reassigned, must complete this information.  I have included a letter from the Leon County Office of Admissions explaining the process.  Please reach out to the Office of Admissions if you have any questions.

The superintendent recently sent information regarding the parent climate survey.  This survey helps schools best meet the needs of their students.   If you have not done so already, please visit https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.leonschools.net%2f%2fcms%2fmodule%2fselectsurvey%2fTakeSurvey.aspx%3fSurveyID%3d436&c=E,1,eQ7kGz88DS8JM-fR1DCAE3AfaJlH10QK_rxzIDrCrSHQL6ULnQ2PxMb_FKF2wC29AkRvpGoRUV_zXEQTocY1p27PRPqpTUdQ0PgbyhZGGf6WKn_13xzo&typo=1<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.leonschools.net%2F%2Fcms%2Fmodule%2Fselectsurvey%2FTakeSurvey.aspx%3FSurveyID%3D436&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cba8cfb830be54c1037dc08da0c01f782%7C69292adba72a4537aa24d67a6f5642bc%7C0%7C0%7C637835499856066008%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=uN6WB2kjDX4psYGsNrPhpUAan7h%2FZKGN7Hc%2BkPdr%2FfU%3D&reserved=0> to complete the survey.  The survey closes on 3/29 at 4:00 pm.

State testing begins on Tuesday, 4/5.  Please see the attached schedule for testing with helpful hints and resources for our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.

Recently, the Center for Disease Control evaluated the current health climate in Leon County.  Based on data, it was determined that masks were no longer required for large gatherings in our area.  While students will still have the choice to wear a mask, and other health and safety procedures will remain in place on campus, the school will no longer provide masks to students.  If you elect to have your student wear a mask, please provide one for them.  We will, however, continue to be flexible in our procedures and will make any necessary adjustments if new health concerns develop.

Have a great weekend!