CONLEY-PARENTS Archives

Conley Elementary School

CONLEY-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Threadgill, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2023 16:42:41 +0000
Good Afternoon Parents,
This first two items on the weekly update involve opportunities for you to help out! Fast PM3 also begins next week for 3rd - 5th grades.

Teacher Appreciation Volunteers Needed
May 8th - 12th is Teacher Appreciation week. Throughout the week we are doing several things (mostly related to food) to honor our teachers. On Tuesday, May 9th we would like to provide our teachers with the opportunity to sit and enjoy a meal during the lunch time. On a typical day teachers are lucky if they have 12 minutes to eat.  I am looking for at least 7 volunteers for each of the following time slots to help me watch the students at recess, which will allow the teachers to sit down and enjoy the lunch we are providing them that day.  If you choose to volunteer you will be responsible for watching a class play and then lining them up to walk to the cafeteria. Mrs. Williams or I will be out on the fields as well to assist.  Please sign up below AND complete a Volunteer Application if you are willing to help.

Time Slots Needing Coverage on Tuesday, May 9th:
4th Grade - 10:26 - 10:56
3rd Grade - 10:50 - 11:20
5th Grade - 11:18 - 11:48
2nd Grade - 11:58 - 12:28
1st Grade - 12:25 - 12:55
Kindergarten - 12:31 - 1:01

Sign up for Class Coverage HERE<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D4EADA82EA0FB6-conley>
Please arrive in the office at least 5 minutes before your scheduled time to allow time to check in and travel to the fields.
Anyone who signs up must have an approved volunteer application from this school year done by Thursday May 4th.  Please follow this link - https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fvolunteers.leonschools.net%2f&c=E,1,8VYcd2tEo1qHHkKoGv8d0ls_Ahv0Xa_U3boDlzxhXHer4muyQas895rSkSw-_wuSMkA2u8ay6d5bL-xwwQljGI85UEnKhPEWdDPdyaSgEqZQBscLKA,,&typo=1

2023 -24 PTO Meeting - Planning for Next Year!
We need you!
On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 5:30pm we are going to hold our last PTO meeting of the year. This year we have had five parents who have organized PTO to plan and run events. We are extremely thankful for their efforts to support our school!  We had plans for many more events, but we need your help to make it happen. PTO is a volunteer group who works to plan events and fundraising to support the efforts of our teachers here at school. Please consider coming to the meeting if you are interested in volunteering with Blue Pop, Box Tops, Share Nights or assisting with planning a school carnival, movie night, Muffins with Moms, Donuts with Dads, or other involvement events.  You do not have to commit to being at every meeting or to help with every event. This meeting will serve as a kick off to focus our goals for next school year.  If you would like to be included in PTO next year, but are not able to attend the meeting on May 9th, please email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and I will add you to the list.

3rd - 5th Grade FAST Assessments
The 3rd FAST Progress Monitoring assessment begins for 3rd - 55th grades next week.  Please see the attached letter for testing details.

2023 Exceptional Student Education Parent Survey
The 2023 Exceptional Student Education Parent Survey window is now open and will remain open until June 30, 2023. The survey is available in web-based format only and is currently available in three languages. To access the English and Spanish versions, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ESEParentSurvey . To access the Haitian-Creole version, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ESEParentSurvey_HC . Both links are available on the Bureau's webpage at https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.fldoe.org%2facademics%2fexceptional-student-edu%2fparent-info%2fexceptional-student-edu-parent-survey.stml&c=E,1,upAJuenAwNrM86zzhCLvNCQSpn9k7MgxWuX-Lpahuf_c8btcL9UfdSnrPJkP1nJROp92KE4BIaD6HaWiOqmHeywNc1wtnucnUluTll8TT_AyVYQ,&typo=1 .
While demographic information must be collected in compliance with federal requirements, individual responses are confidential.

Car Riders
Please remember to pull all the way forward in the car line each afternoon. If you need a new car tag please click the follow link to enter your information: CAR TAG REQUEST FORM<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fforms.office.com%2fPages%2fResponsePage.aspx%3fid%3d2yopaSqnN0WqJNZ6b1ZCvE9QbTk6SQtDnwFaDlqBqdBUMlZaRVBWRTZCQ1A0TVIyMzBYQlUzMzFMWi4u&c=E,1,ItJFnt1JA03qxmcir62bIbfQ3qzWKZgUAvSQkjPOKe9XFLkH_GokeNKg1Rhh_IqfXxQJdxuskMpaMLN4I4faWtZ7CpHVnp4EVR02_BMqmgAZlg,,&typo=1>

Don't Forget to Like and Follow our Facebook Page!
https://www.facebook.com/ConleySchoolatSouthwood  Click this link! We post pictures and updates several times a week! Check out the great things happening at Conley Elementary.

Future Dates:

5/1-5 - FAST Math - K-2nd

5/2 - FAST ELA - 4th/5th

5/3 - FAST ELA -  3rd

5/8 - 5/12 - Teacher Appreciation Week

5/9 - FAST Math - 4th/5th

5/10 - FAST Math - 3rd

5/15 - PTO Meeting in the Media Center

5/16-17 - Science - 5th

5/19 - 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony

5/22 - 24 - Early Release Days - School out at 12:20

5/24 - Last Day of School

[Fortify FL]<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgetfortifyfl.com%2f&c=E,1,wQu-QeY26gAsHUQJf_BlCwt0vVYQobfJumm_c6grRjOxBFJhuVIWM_60CNQrNwDC6NwR32-oGXwCMVErkArhSAzdjiZ6hiL2gvzdSt6AYWcE&typo=1>
FortifyFL<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgetfortifyfl.com%2f&c=E,1,yfSF8lNf_hQM_gEM17Peu4sVR9d7pWNQLq4urhnhfEe8aMdyChscCxJ34sBgrKK-c0nMrA1ej9Lu8xUKHGIRd3oSYy3xRsGNrSHMPybPrCKu6I8WhnX90VJisRc,&typo=1> is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.
For an Immediate, Life-Threatening Emergency, Please Dial 911.
Please Note: Florida Statute 943.082 <http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0900-0999/0943/Sections/0943.082.html> states that following an investigation, if it is determined that a person knowingly submitted a false tip through FortifyFl, the individual may be subject to criminal charges under FL statute 837.05.<http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0800-0899/0837/Sections/0837.05.html>

Have a great weekend!

[Conley Signature]

UNSUBSCRIBE LINK

If you no longer have a child at Conley and would like to be removed from receiving messages, please follow the link below and complete the steps to be removed from our listserv.
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2flistserv12.leon.k12.fl.us%2fscripts%2fwa.exe%3fSUBED1%3dCONLEY-PARENTS%26A%3d1&c=E,1,3JgBq0ViFBGS_z9F8fQ5nEuNpZoWuyW3vAX-Sa_pAv_foD6BEzIyVBMnAwe8sYIbfx4p4ncO_UAwKVeN7HSyXfLnO8X7NIujpnM4atlSzg,,&typo=1<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2flistserv12.leon.k12.fl.us%2fscripts%2fwa.exe%3fSUBED1%3dCONLEY-PARENTS%26A%3d1&c=E,1,HR_kGv54BaaEowLasCMDDr6d4L_VQpwEooupOdBz1MNntBp9xRgcoPIFop3K2mv6abmE7h3itVTCXqyNK2NZMcTibZE9wT-2fLUe_k-thg,,&typo=1>