CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hembree, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2020 22:39:42 +0000
Dear Cobb Family,
It is with much sadness that I am writing to tell you that one of our 8th grade students passed away today. This is an extremely sad time for our entire Cobb Middle School family, and I know that the family appreciates any thoughts or prayers you may extend to them.

Tomorrow we will be following the student's schedule to speak to all of the classes - many of whom were informed today that he was in the ICU. We will have counseling services available throughout the day for any student that needs to speak with someone. For our digital academy students, they are welcome on campus to speak with a counselor or we can speak with them via phone or Zoom. For those students, please reach out to our guidance staff on the main phone line or via e-mail: Melinda Christoph ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Clyde Allen ([log in to unmask]).

As a reminder, we have two full-time programs available on campus every day to work with your student and any mental health concerns. We have our New Horizons Program with Mr. Banks, as well as our Transition Coach, Ms. Long. If you would like more information about either program or ways we can support your student here on campus, please reach out.

If you have immediate concerns this evening, feel free to respond to this e-mail with the best contact information and we will reach out tonight.

Sarah Hembree
Principal
Cobb Middle School
915 Hillcrest Street