CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hembree, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2022 00:49:14 +0000
Dear Parent or Guardian,

Yesterday we announced changes to our COVID-19 protocols which were in line with current guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).  Hours after our announcement we received information from the State of Florida Department of Health (FDOH) that is not in line with the CDC.  By law we are required to follow all rules as set by FDOH.  Positive students will now be required to stay home for 10 days unless they receive a negative Covid-19 test and are asymptomatic or have a note from their doctor allowing them to return to school.  Please see the official state rule posted below:

64D-3.049 Protocols for Controlling COVID-19 in School Settings.
(1) GENERAL PROTOCOLS AND DEFINITION. The following procedures shall be instituted to govern the control of COVID-19 in public schools:
(a) Schools will encourage routine cleaning of classrooms and high-traffic areas.
(b) Students will be encouraged to practice routine handwashing throughout the day.
(c) Students will stay home if they are sick.
(2) PROTOCOLS FOR SYMPTOMATIC OR COVID-19 POSITIVE STUDENTS. Schools will ensure students experiencing any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who have received a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19 shall not attend school, school-sponsored activities, or be on school property until:
(a) The student receives a negative diagnostic COVID-19 test and is asymptomatic; or
(b) Ten days have passed since the onset of symptoms or positive test result, the student has had no fever for 24 hours and the student's other symptoms are improving; or
(c) The student receives written permission to return to school from a medical doctor licensed under Chapter 458, F.S., an osteopathic physician licensed under Chapter 459, F.S., or an advanced registered nurse practitioner licensed under Chapter 464, F.S.
Rulemaking Authority 1003.22(3) FS. Law Implemented 1003.22(3) FS. History-New 1-4-22.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion this has caused.  If you have any question please contact the administration at your child's school.

Sincerely,

Rocky Hanna