CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hembree, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2020 23:18:09 +0000
Welcome back to the Second Nine Weeks!!

Thank you to all of our students who made it to campus today and to those that signed into digital academy. We had excellent attendance, and it was great to see all those faces to kick off our Start with Hello week. With our students we went over the morning and afternoon procedure, and I am sure tomorrow will be even more smooth than today.

I wanted to share a few quick updates with you to keep in mind this week:

Start with Hello Week

This week we are focusing on community building and supporting each other. That will include activities at lunch and during homeroom to encourage students to get to know each other, as well as learn how to reach out and make new friends. Please encourage your student to wear GREEN this Friday.

Chromebooks

All students on campus should have their Chromebooks at this time. There are several students that we are missing their form, and we will be reaching out to the parents to get those signed and turned back into us. For our Digital Academy students, we are here from 8:00 – 4:30pm each day to trade out your desktop OR give you your Chromebook. If you are working on your own device at home and things are going smoothly – keep at it. However, please know that as we move through the year we will be providing tech support for these district-issued Chromebooks only. If you have questions, please reach out.

Facebook Live Tomorrow

Tomorrow we will have a Facebook live at 11:30am with local chef Jessica McMullen. She will sharing three quick and easy breakfast ideas that can help get your kids out the door with a healthy start…and in my house they also sometimes make an appearance for afternoon snack. 😊

Grades and Grading

Teachers have finalized their grades for the first grading period. Those are visible in FOCUS, and they will be printed on report cards next week. Please remember that in middle school, each grading period is a fresh start. All students started today with an A and an opportunity to succeed. The previous nine weeks grade does not impact this nine weeks, and this fresh start is a great chance for you and your student to review what they did well the first grading period and what they can do better.

Saturday School

Starting this weekend, we will be having Saturday School on a voluntary basis for our students who need additional help. Please watch for an e-mail tomorrow with detailed information and a sign-up form.

As always, thank you so much for your support of our Cobb Family. Our success is because of our community!

Wishing you well,

Sarah

Sarah Hembree

Principal