CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hembree, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 19:17:00 +0000
Dear Cobb Family:

I wanted to take a moment as we wrap up the first semester to provide you with a few updates:

Our second semester will start on Wednesday, January 20th  with students attending 1st, 3rd, and 5th period (Purple Day).  We will welcome new students to Cobb, students transitioning from digital to brick and mortar and vice versa, and students attending new classes for those in semester courses. To support our students during this transition, we will be spending parts of that day doing school-wide activities that include opportunities for students to get to know each other, learn (or re-learn) Cobb procedures, and welcome everyone into the new semester.

In addition, to our usual Start with Hello/Conscious Discipline activities, we will be doing activities related to the inauguration throughout the day. This will include an opportunity to view a highlight reel of the inauguration during the last block of the day and having a school-wide Fun Zone that afternoon with activities. PTO will be selling snacks for students who are interested. (Items will cost $1 each)

Report cards will be published in FOCUS Parent Portal on Wednesday, January 27th. Students and parents will have access to a digital report card then. If you do not have access to parent portal, please contact our registrar Leslie Hyle ([log in to unmask]).

Finally, School Choice is open for the 2021/22 school year. Our students who are interested in attending a high school that is not their currently zoned school need to complete their application in FOCUS no later than March 1.

As always, if there is anything you need from me, please let me know. Thank you so much!

Sarah

Sarah Hembree

Principal

Cobb Middle School