CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hembree, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2020 17:59:45 +0000
[cid:image001.jpg@01D6B698.31185210]

Hello Cobb Families,

Today begins our latest fundraising project: Penny Wars! Cobb has partnered with several local businesses to regenerate coins back into our community during this national coin shortage. Our students are collecting coins and turning them in to their teachers. We will hand them over to our local business partners and receive a matched donation that will go to our Digital Sign Fund. In case you did not know, the digital sign we will purchase for the front of our school is $23,000 so we need a lot of help!

We can't wait for our students to get in on the fun: each grade is competing against each other for the most points. A student who places a penny in their own grade's jar earns one point for their grade. Dropping a nickel, dime, or quarter in another grade's jar will take points away from that grade. On November 20 during "fun zone," the winning class's student government representatives will throw a pie in the face of the losing class's teachers! (Special thanks to those teachers for being such good sports.)

This is where you come in: please look in your car, under your couch cushions, and at the bottom of your bags for any spare change. Digital Academy students are encouraged to participate: drop off your change in a Ziploc bag, labeled with your grade, at the front desk.

One, two, three, four, we declare a Penny War! As always, thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Your Cobb PTO

[cid:image002.jpg@01D6B698.31185210]