CMS-MAGNET Archives

Cobb Middle School Magnet News

CMS-MAGNET@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mosley, Gail" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:13:57 -0400

*       If you are preparing for summer and looking for childcare or summer activities check out these attachments.  You may be able to take advantage of some of the summer camps offered at Cobb Middle School. (If you need to refer back to these later but have deleted this email, they are also posted on the Magnet webpage.)

*       Thanks to everyone who came to the Applebee's Pancake Breakfast last Saturday. We saw lots of new faces that are now becoming quite familiar!

*       New students-don't forget that we will have Magnet Open House April 21st at 6:00 P.M. in the Cobb cafeteria.

*       Reminding you that FCAT is approaching and tidbits to share with your child-
*

If your children are not already in the habit of going to bed at a reasonable hour, they should start doing that TONIGHT!  Even if they are NOT sleepy, they will eventually fall asleep and will benefit from the additional rest.  Memory recall is much better with a rested brain. In a scientific study, people who got enough sleep before taking a test did better than those who didn't.
*       It may also be a good idea to leave cell phones in the kitchen or with Mom and Dad so that sleep will not be interrupted by surprise texts or phone calls.  If your child uses their cell phone as an alarm clock, consider finding another option-just saying...
*       Be on time to school.
*       BREAKFAST! BREAKFAST! BREAKFAST!  Eat before the test. Having food in the tummy will give energy and help with focus.
*       Visit the restroom before reporting for testing.
*       Listen closely to any instructions to be sure of what is expected. If something seems unclear before starting, don't panic; ask.
*       Students may not get up in the middle of a test but may need a mini-break. Mini-breaks may be as simple as wiggling the fingers or toes, arching the back or neck, or even taking four or five deep breaths.
*       Relax. As we all know, it can be easy to forget things we know well - like a locker combination. The difference is we know we'll remember our locker combination because we've used it hundreds of times, so we don't panic and the combination number eventually comes back.
*       Finished already?  It's usually a good idea to spend any extra time checking over work.

Have a wonderful week!