CMS-MAGNET Archives

Cobb Middle School Magnet News

CMS-MAGNET@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Hembree, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2019 18:50:55 +0000
WELCOME
My name is Mikayla Blue, and I am the new magnet coordinator here at Cobb Middle School! I will be working closely with Marianne Graves, our magnet liaison, to make this year memorable. I am looking forward to growing our program here at Cobb and continuing its excellence with the guidance of our students, faculty, parents/guardians, and, of course, THE Page Curry, who has transitioned to our guidance department. If you wish to offer feedback about our program at any time, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to tell us about events you have liked in our past, as well as ideas for events you would like to see in our future.

UPDATES:
Pasta with a Purpose: Our team has been working hard to organize our yearly pasta dinner fundraiser, re-branded this year as Pasta with a Purpose, and we hope to see you at Open House on Thursday, September 12. Please see the attached flyer form for more details and to pre-order your $5.00 meal.

MagLounge: The morning MagLounge is a space for students to learn and connect with one another. Due to the increased student interest, MagLounge has moved from Lab 34 to Rooms 40 and 42 in the main hallway. It is open daily from 8:30-9:25AM. Students have access to computers for academic purposes ONLY. Students must enter via the double doors by the bus ramp. Please see the attached map as a visual reference. Once students have reported to the MagLounge, they must remain there until the first bell rings. This rule applies to every designated morning location except the cafeteria for breakfast. Students must eat breakfast first, and then transition to their designated location. If you, or someone you know, is interested in leading a presentation for our students, please contact Marianne Graves at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Past presentations for our students include guests such as Dr.Sylvia Acevedo (Rocket Scientist & CEO of GSUSA), Lilly Messic (Native Nurseries), Greg Seaman (Prescribed Fire), Sabrina Hayes (FAMU's Entomology Department), and Destin Perry (Chess & GO Instructor).

CMS After School Achievement Program (ASAP): You asked. We delivered. We are happy to announce that in addition to Cobb's 21st Century After School Program, we now offer a fee-based after school program run by Cobb teachers! Please see the attached forms for further information and registration. Our next cycle begins this Friday, September 6. Email Wendi Davis at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to register your child for success!

Respectfully,

Ms. Mikayla Blue

Language Arts Teacher

Journalism Co-Teacher

Magnet Coordinator

Gifted Coordinator

Webpage: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.leonschools.net%2fbluem&c=E,1,BwwwFPdFKYdCX4jNLatAbIPVXPH2Vx1P6Y25tUwle8Ga1BVqIwNJaXYFuUANgfziy--hWyK4KvxJ8oHQwBPQWcP4xA6WCWwiu7CjfibptxIQjmpGiCUq&typo=1

Phone: (850) 488-3364

[1470707265025_CobbLogo.jpg]