CMS-MAGNET Archives

Cobb Middle School Magnet News

CMS-MAGNET@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mosley, Gail" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:26:39 -0400
Thanks to everyone who participated and helped to make these trips a huge success!  Even though a lot of the students appeared to be a bit groggy yesterday, they were still bubbling about the fun that they had.  Evidently, the adults had huge fun too as we continue to hear that both trips were outstanding experiences!  (Rumor has it that many compliments were received from other schools and guests about how well behaved our students were!) If you have pictures to share that will be posted on Cobb's homepage, please forward those to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or better still, stop by and bring them!

Just a few quotes-
Ms. Davis-- I would also like to mention how AMAZING our 7th graders were on the trip! Their behavior was truly spectacular. They ALL checked in EARLY at the first check in of the day. They were always on time. Even at the rest stop when we had a snack on the way home, there was not a single piece of trash on the ground (and that was without anyone asking them to pick up trash!). I think they made our bus driver, Karl, realize it wasn't so bad driving middle schoolers after all!  :)
Mrs. Godwin-- I second Mrs. Davis!  I had an awesome time and enjoyed being with the students in a different environment.
Ms. Sabatelli--I completely agree! The students were fantastic and they seemed to have a great time. I was VERY impressed with their behavior!
Coach Allen--Yes, what everybody said. I had a great time!!!
Ms. Lilly--7TH grade magnet field trip rocked!!!
Mrs. Haley's class--The things we liked best about Kennedy were the 3D Hubble Movie, the flight simulator, and Lego Land. Ms. Marsh, Ms. Patrick, and Ms. Haley all loved the eagle nest and the manatees best of all!!
Mrs. Curry--I had the pleasure of joining the 6th graders on their trip to Kennedy Space Center and may I just say that I too am impressed not only by the visit to our space center but also by the maturity and excellence our 6th graders displayed!!! :) Thank you to our leaders and staff and chaperones and our students, they are fantastic! :)
Ms. Gass--The sixth graders did a phenomenal job at Kennedy Space Center!  We received compliments everywhere we went.  From the bus drivers to the mall food court staff in Jacksonville, everyone had only great things to say about our Cubs!  I was especially impressed by the fantastic questions that our sixth graders had for astronaut Wendy Lawrence.
 Ms. Patrick--I ended up getting about 5 complements on student behavior while they were on the trip. Complements included things like:
"Wow...what a great group. This is the best group I have had all week and such thoughtful questions." -shuttle bus driver while touring the launch pad
"What grade is this group in? They are so curious and built some really creative and ingenious things." - Lego land worker amazed that they were only 6th graders
"With a group this large we usually have more problems. This was really smooth. What great kids." - restaurant employees on our Wednesday dinner stop at the Avenues Mall
"They were so smart and inquisitive" - Orion mission planners with demo material at the park.
Ms. Jones--Our group really enjoyed the 3-D movie, learning about and meeting the astronauts! The experience was amazing!

Kudos to Ms. Osborne, Mr. Gusman and Ms. Patrick for their hard work in bringing it all together!

Another thanks to Cobb PTO for sponsoring Cobb Cubs Run last Saturday and to all who participated in making this a very successful event.  A lot of hard work went toward planning, organizing and hosting.  The run supported Lee's Place, March of Dimes and the Ronald McDonald House. Way to go PTO!!!

Other business-by now, you should have received interim progress reports.    We realize that you may have had a few issues in accessing some grades on Parent Portal and hope that has now been corrected.  Let us know if you are still seeing 'blank spots'.  If you would like to schedule a conference, please call Ms. Jackson in Guidance at 488-3364.

:):):) Have a family-fun-filled weekend!  :):):)