From:
"Holmes, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2022 19:33:58 +0000

[cid:0ebfb742-7151-41d2-ad3d-c4cfc2e7c826]

What a week in Panther Land!

A special shout out to our wonderful Reading Coach​ Ms. Myra Harp​,for putting together Mission Read-a-lot!  We have had Ron's Big Mission read-aloud to start us off.  We have had several guests come to our classrooms to read to our students. Superintendent Rocky Hanna and School Board Member Rosanne Wood lead the way.  In addition, we had four FSU football players, and BowStern representatives, among countless others come out and read.  I want to thank them for taking time out of their busy day to spend it with our students.  To go along with our theme of Space, we had the Challenger Learning Center come out and provide science lessons and a mission to space.  As you can see above, we ended the week in costume.  A special end to the week was the glow in the dark reading party in the media center.  A special thanks to my awesome faculty and staff for all their help this week.

P.S.  I also participated in reading a book to our music class.  Yes, it was a setup!  They gave me "A book with No pictures" to read.  They absolutely had a good laugh at my expense.  I love my job!

We have a share night coming up next week, Tijuanna Flats February 2nd.  Attached is the flyer.  Also, below is a quick note about a fundraiser for our school.  Have a great weekend!

Mike Holmes

Principal

Chaires Elementary

“Where our Community Begins”

4774 Chaires Cross Rd

Tallahassee, FL  32317

(850) 488-5977

      [cid:8519cca3-2007-4ca1-a1b5-bd3f0c4e6afe]

Hello Parents,

Be on the lookout for a colorful Parent Information Envelope coming home on Monday, January 31st!

You will find important information about a safe and easy way your family can help our school get the essential tools our students and teachers need to succeed.  It will also let you know how your child can win fun prizes just for helping!

Thanks,

Chaires Elementary School

[cid:fd1331eb-4325-4dd3-9462-088576c63262]