Dear Godby Community,

LCS has determined that schools will begin an hour later tomorrow.  Here is the message from the Superintendent:

In consultation with the National Weather Service and Leon County Emergency Management we have made the decision to delay school start times tomorrow (4/11/2024) by 1 hour. The National Weather Service and Leon County Emergency Management are predicting that a strong line of thunderstorms will be passing through Leon County between the hours of 3-7am. Therefore, in the abundance of caution, we have made the decision to delay the start of the school day.

High School                                      8:30am

Below is our schedule for the day.   Bus routes will run ONE HOUR later than normal.  (i.e., if your pick-up is at 6:15 a.m., tomorrow it will be 7:15 a.m.)

Students will not be able to arrive on campus before 7:45 a.m. Gates will not be opened to the school until 7:45 a.m. when we have supervisory staff on hand.

1st Period - 8:30-9:15
2nd Period - 9:20-10:05
3rd Period - 10:10-10:55
4th Period - 11:00-11:45
Lunch 11:45 - 12:10
5th Period - 12:15 - 1:00
6th Period - 1:05 - 1:50

Afternoon activities will function as normal.

Thank you,
Godby Administration

FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.

For an Immediate, Life-Threatening Emergency, Please Dial 911.

Please Note: Florida Statute 943.082 states that following an investigation, if it is determined that a person knowingly submitted a false tip through FortifyFl, the individual may be subject to criminal charges under FL statute 837.05.

App Abuse Warning - https://www.leonschools.net/FortifyFL_AppAbuseWarning   #ItsNoJoke