Dear Godby Community,

Firstly, we hope that all is well with you and your family and that your homes did not incur much damage from the storm.

Superintendent Hanna announced a little while ago that Godby will remained closed on 4/12 to allow our district maintenance and vendor crews to continue to work on the flooding and damage caused by last night’s storm.

We are saddened to be unable to open our doors to our learners but know that this is truly what’s best in order to allow for a safe and productive learning experience to resume once we are fully operational.  Additional information will be provided about the start of next week when it becomes available.

In the meantime, your students should check their school email and login in to Canvas as teachers will be posting activities to complete on their Chromebooks from home.  Flexibility and grace will be provided regarding the due dates of these activities.

The Leon Works Field trip scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled.  All afternoon activities scheduled for tomorrow have been cancelled.

Finally, Superintendent Hanna has planned a Friday, April 12, 2024 meal distribution service for the scholars of Amos P. Godby High School.

Buses will arrive at 10:30 am to pick up meals from Central Kitchen. The meals will be distributed at the following sites:

  *   Amos P Godby High School (Tharpe Street entrance)
  *   Griffin heights Apartments (1010 Basin Street Apts. (entrance)
  *   Springfield Apartments (1700 Joe Louis Street)
  *   Lawrence – Gregory Community Center (1115 Dade Street)
  *   Ft. Braden K-8 School Bus Ramp

Meals will be available for pick up from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm.

Again, we thank you for your support and continue to stay safe.

Love our Cougar Family ❤
[signature_662663115]