Good morning, Wolves!

It was another great week at The Creek!  Our Math Competition Club and Black History Brain Bowl team both represented themselves, and our school, in a positive manner this weekend.  I am so proud of all of the extra time and effort these groups and their sponsors put in to their programs!  Our 7th grade Civics students participated in the Classroom to Courtroom field trips.  The classes that have attended have enjoyed their experiences and our remaining classes will be participating in the program in the coming weeks.  Our boys chorus participated in Tenor Days at Chiles High School last week, as well.  This was a great experience for those students and we appreciate all of the sponsors that made the day possible.

This week is our shadowing days for our incoming 6th graders for the 2024-2025 school year.  I can't wait to meet all of our future Wolves and show them why Swift Creek is one of the top middle schools in the state!

Leon County Schools received information from Google and Yahoo that their new enhanced security filters may limit access to our current list serv.  They were not provided with specific dates on when this would occur.  For that reason, Swift Creek will be moving away from our current list serv platform towards a FOCUS list serv.  We will be utilizing both methods for the next several weeks until we move entirely to FOCUS on March 1st.  This new list serv will only be distributed to custodial contacts that have an e-mail listed in FOCUS.  Please see the file "How to Update Parent Contact Information in FOCUS" for more information.  If you are a stakeholder that is not a custodial contact in FOCUS but would still like to receive our new list serv, you must subscribe to FOCUS to receive the new list serv.  Please see the attached file "FOCUS Community Information Setup" for more information.

Swift Creek PTSO is currently running a Lucky Goat Coffee fundraiser.  This is the last opportunity to buy Snowflake Crunch this season!  Students received information about this fundraiser through classes, but please reach out to the school if you need more information.

Tickets for the PTSO Valentine's Dance went on sale again this morning.  Tickets are $15 this Monday-Wednesday and $20 at the door.  The dance is this Friday, February 9th, from 4:30-7:00 in the Swift Creek Cafeteria.  Please reference the previous list serv from more specific information including pick up locations.

PTSO's spirit shop is open now through February 14th.  There are two online stores currently open.  Please click to view option 1 and option 2 of the spirit stores.

FortifyFl is the anonymous reporting application created and monitored by the Florida Department of Education and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for students, staff, parents and other visitors to report suspicious activity on campus, or off campus activity that has the potential to cause a threat on campus. In addition to this link, https://getfortifyfl.com/Tip.html ,You can also submit a tip through the link on the district website, school website, or Fortifyfl tile on Classlink.  We encourage students  to “See Something, Say Something.”  We do not want to discourage anyone from reporting what they believe is a legitimate threat. We do however take false reporting very seriously. In accordance with Florida law, if after an investigation it is determined that the student knowing submitted a false tip, they could face criminal penalties.