Hello Hawks Rise Families,
We have had a great start to February.  We started Thursday with the 100th day of school and the start of Black History Month.  Today was Groundhog's Day AND Nest lunch.  February is going to be an amazing month!

School Information

  *   Skill of the Week——Sportsmanship-Good sportsmanship is when people who are playing or watching a sport treat each other with respect.
  *
FSU offers a fun Math Day for your children. Follow this link to get information about the FSU Math Day. https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.math.fsu.edu%2fMathFunDay%2f&c=E,1,4Y4_FPPBEHRi9suyt5H0d74k87HWf1T8qxlAs4ekSsrnQhYyTIZ7XrUgdQ8jZkmNii15sFKmkrlE3vhDXFN2ynCYCQm_Ns6SDREd1YpXK7w,&typo=1

FSU Math Fun Day <https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.math.fsu.edu%2fMathFunDay%2f&c=E,1,-EWgjdFhfn635tbGRbkAfNrbzyHMuFqZ7HeJ0bNQCuBHt-6bMcUTv1ViVJQTwwvD7BgSTfeFsIPw7Q40pGyNhGeZ_6r2ITBXhB-WWRyElC9Q4rxs20OgEmg,&typo=1>
Welcome to the Department of Mathematics. Our mission is to preserve, expand, and disseminate mathematical knowledge. Pursue a degree in the fields of Financial, Pure, Applied, Biomathematics, and Data Science.
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.math.fsu.edu&c=E,1,zVV8bSI_QkQ9FT2niPZGDf8ss3F7oyXes3UedyOvWkYcUjQHgHc-iO_SxtI_kKKsjjohq7kpSWdL6-hOR-fjN90sWppq8HRk_0WS3VZVFZHHx1X0kg,,&typo=1

  *   School Tours--If you know of any families who are looking to join Hawk Rise, please share the attached flyer with them.
  *   If You Traveled on the Underground Railroad is our Principal’s Book Chat book for 2nd -5th graders for January. We have discovered that there are two versions of the book, one by  Ellen Levine and the updated one by  Ebony Joy Wilkens.  The AR test is for the one by Ellen Levine, but we have more copies of the book by Wilkens.  To make it easier on everyone, students can read either version and instead of taking the AR test, write three facts that they learned from the book.  I want to encourage students to use their best writing skills and to use all of the writing strategies that they have learned from their teachers.  To give everyone the opportunity to read the book, students will have until February 9 to complete the book and turn in their paper.

  *   KG-2nd Principal's Book Chat for February--Chickens Don’t Fly by Laura Lyn Disiena. We have ordered extra copies for the Media Center, and they should arrive by Wednesday.  I can't wait to see how many students we will have at our book chat!  1st and 2nd grade students should read and take the AR test by 3:00 on      March 4.  Kindergarten students should draw a picture and write/dictate a fun fact they have learned from the book and turn it in to Mrs. Martin by 3:00 on March 4.

  *   Field Day is almost here!!  See the attached flyer.

Primary Grades Field Day Schedule:

Thursday, February 29th

Kindergarten: 8:30AM – 10:00AM

1st Grade: 10:00AM – 11:30AM

2nd Grade: 12:45PM – 2:15PM

Intermediate Grades Field Day Schedule:

Friday, March 1st

3rd Grade: 8:30AM – 10:15AM

5th Grade: 10:20AM – 12:05PM

4th Grade: 12:35PM – 2:20PM

Important Dates

            Feb. 5            Tornado Drill

            Feb. 7            Interim Reports

      Feb. 7      Site Meeting 3:15

            Feb. 8            4th Grade St. Augustine

                                   Grade Chair Meeting-3:15

      Feb. 14     Valentine's Day!!

            Feb. 15          Faculty Meeting-3:15

                                   SAC meeting cancelled

                                   PTO Meeting-7:00

            Feb. 19          President’s Day Holiday

            Feb. 20          Class Picture Day

            Feb. 24          Mini-Mu @ Cobb MS

      Feb. 29     Field Day-KG-2nd

     March 1    Field Dady- 3rd -5th

Have a wonderful weekend with your family. We can't wait to see our Hawks Monday.

In partnership,

Terri