Hello Hawks Rise Families,

We are halfway through February, and next week we celebrate a favorite holiday, Valentine's Day! Let's all wear red or pink that day to show our love for Hawks Rise!

  *   A change is coming!  Very soon, Listserv will not be available for us to use.  But don't worry, we still have a way to get the Hawk Squawk to you. We are able to send the message through Focus email.  Please check your email address in the Parent Portal to ensure it is correct.  I will be sending this message through email and listserv through February.  Beginning in March, I will only send the Hawk Squawk through Focus email.

  *   Flag Football Flyer attached for those families who are interested.

  *   KG-2nd Principal's Book Chat for February--Chickens Don’t Fly by Laura Lyn Disiena. We have ordered extra copies for the Media Center, and they should arrive by Wednesday.  I can't wait to see how many students we will have at our book chat!  1st and 2nd grade students should read and take the AR test by 3:00 on March 4.  Kindergarten students should draw a picture and write/dictate a fun fact they have learned from the book and turn it in to Mrs. Martin by 3:00 on March 4.

  *   Field Day is almost here!!  See the attached flyer.

Primary Grades Field Day Schedule:

Thursday, February 29th

Kindergarten: 8:30AM – 10:00AM

1st Grade: 10:00AM – 11:30AM

2nd Grade: 12:45PM – 2:15PM

Intermediate Grades Field Day Schedule:

Friday, March 1st

3rd Grade: 8:30AM – 10:15AM

5th Grade: 10:20AM – 12:05PM

4th Grade: 12:35PM – 2:20PM

Important Dates

      Feb. 14     Valentine's Day!!

            Feb. 15          Faculty Meeting-3:15

                                   SAC meeting cancelled

                                   PTO Meeting-7:00

            Feb. 19          President’s Day Holiday

            Feb. 20          Class Picture Day

            Feb. 24          Mini-Mu @ Cobb MS

      Feb. 29     Field Day-KG-2nd

     March 1    Field Day- 3rd -5th

PTO Spotlight

Please see the attached information for our Golden Sponsor, Fields and Associates

Have a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy the time with your family.

In partnership,

Terri