Good morning, Wolves!

We had another great week at The Creek!  Our students performed with the all-district band this weekend at Chiles and did an amazing job!  Our boys basketball and girls soccer teams both won games last week.  I am so proud of the way all of our students represent themselves, and our school!  Please continue to review our school website calendar for more information on all of the activities and events taking place on our campus.

On Thursday, I began visiting 3rd period classrooms to discuss with students the importance of creating their personal reputation and brand.  We discussed what a brand is, how opinions are formed about those brands, and how their actions and attitudes develop their personal reputation and brand.  We also discussed how personal reputations and brands impact their family, community, and school.  We have incredible students at Swift Creek and these discussions have been fun and productive.  We all care deeply about the success of our students and I know they will continue to represent themselves, and our school, in a positive way.

This Friday is our next Super Howl Out.  Please remind your student to complete their online location request by Wednesday at 4:30.  The link can be found on their homeroom tile in Canvas.  Our 7th grade Civics students start their Classroom to Courtroom field trips this week.  This field trip is a great opportunity for students to observe some of the topics they are discussing in their classroom and we appreciate the local partnerships that allow this field trip to occur.

Tickets for the PTSO Valentine’s Day dance went on sale this morning.  The dance is next Friday, February 9th, from 4:30-7:00 in the Swift Creek Cafeteria.  We encourage students to purchase their tickets early to allow PTSO to prepare for the event.  With that in mind, tickets will be sold  before school with staggered pricing on the schedule listed below.  Please reference last week’s list serv for more specific information.

Next week, we welcome over 175 5th grade students for our Bridge to AP Shadowing days.  I can’t wait to meet all of our future Wolves and show them why Swift Creek is one of the best Middle Schools in our area!  We will also be hosting a Bridge to AP Parent Night on February 20th.  Lincoln High School has two dates for our 8th graders that are moving to 9th grade next year.  They have an AP Parent night on 2/8 and a curriculum fair on 4/9.  More information will be available for those dates, and course registration dates for our current students, as we progress through the second semester.  Please visit both the Swift Creek and Lincoln websites for more information on the published meeting dates.

I hope everyone has a great week!

FortifyFl is the anonymous reporting application created and monitored by the Florida Department of Education and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for students, staff, parents and other visitors to report suspicious activity on campus, or off campus activity that has the potential to cause a threat on campus. In addition to this link, https://getfortifyfl.com/Tip.html ,You can also submit a tip through the link on the district website, school website, or Fortifyfl tile on Classlink.  We encourage students  to “See Something, Say Something.”  We do not want to discourage anyone from reporting what they believe is a legitimate threat. We do however take false reporting very seriously. In accordance with Florida law, if after an investigation it is determined that the student knowing submitted a false tip, they could face criminal penalties.