JAMES S. RICKARDS HIGH SCHOOL

WEEKLY LISTSERV

cid:image002.jpg@01D8C8F9.1D76B380

Mr. Douglas Cook

Principal

Dear Parents and Guardians,

cid:image002.jpg@01DA2CE8.3234D910

Tyson McClellan and Jayla Gordon

Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dreamers and Doers Recipients

These outstanding students were honored  today at the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dreamers and Doers Breakfast.

Expect great things from the Raiders!

Sincerely,

Mr. Douglas Cook, Principal

cid:image002.png@01D9CC65.507FB450

Deborah Barnes, Ph.D.

Assistant Principal of Curriculum

ATTENTION PARENTS, GUARDIANS, AND STUDENTS,

Report cards will be uploaded to FOCUS on Wednesday, January 17th

SAT and ACT Test Dates for 2023-2024

SAT

Test Date

Registration Deadline

March 9, 2024

February 23, 2024

May 4, 2024

April 19, 2024

June 1, 2024

May 16, 2024

ACT

Test Date

Registration Deadline

February 10, 2024

January 5, 2024

April 13, 2024

March 8, 2024

June 8, 2024

May 3, 2024

July 13, 2024

June 7, 2024

***Highlighted tests are held at Rickards***

Deborah G. Barnes, Ph.D.

Greatness awaits!

Dr. J. Williams

IB Coordinator

International Baccalaureate Program

To All IB Parents and Guardians:

Here are the phone numbers and email addresses where you can reach our IB Administrative Team:

Dr. Joe Williams, IB Coordinator (850-414-5036) [log in to unmask]

Mrs. Melissa Cooper, AP Coordinator and Assistant IB Coordinator (850-414-5005) [log in to unmask]

Mrs. Victoria Williams, IB Academic Dean (850-414-5597) [log in to unmask]

Happy New Year!  We are glad to welcome our IB students back to school for the start of the spring 2024 semester.

IB Open House: Our annual Rickards High School IB Open House will take place on January 16, 2024, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., in the Rickards Cafeteria, showcasing all IB academic areas and program progressions, electives, extracurricular activities, and sports.  This IB Open House will help parents of incoming 9th grade IB students guide their children in choosing their classes for the 2024-2025 school year.  Please reach out to anyone you know who is the parent of an 8th grade student who is interested in our IB Program and encourage them to attend this event.

Shadowing for 8th grade students interested in joining our IB Program next year starts next week.  Parents of 8th grade students who want their child to spend a day shadowing a 9th-grade Rickards IB student need to complete the attached IB Shadowing Form and contact Mrs. Williams, our IB Academic Dean, at 850-414-5597 or [log in to unmask] to schedule a shadowing appointment.  Shadowing appointments must be scheduled in advance with Mrs. Williams.

Current Draft of AP and IB Exam Chart Attached: Please see the attached most current draft of the combined AP and IB Exam Schedule.  Approved resolutions of IB Exam conflicts for individual students are highlighted on this chart.  If your IB student has a schedule conflict between any IB and AP Exams – or between any AP Exams and an EOC, FAST, or other mandatory statewide assessment – please notify both Mrs. Melissa Cooper and Dr. Williams by email as soon as possible so we can schedule your student for a Late AP Exam.  Late AP Exams are only offered with permission from Mrs. Melissa Cooper, our AP Coordinator.

IB Exam Registrations Completed: All IB Seniors and IB Juniors have been registered for their May 2024 Exams.  Dr. Williams is in the process of  distributing to the students their exam registration confirmations and information they need to log in to candidates.ibo.org – both to submit any IB external assessments due for them this year and to see their IB Exam results when they are released to students on July 6th, 2024.

IB and AP Exams to be held at TCC again in May 2024:  We have received confirmation from Tallahassee Community College that they will again host our IB and AP Exams this spring, and we are grateful for their support and partnership as they continue to encourage and facilitate student success at James S. Rickards High School.

2023 IB Diplomas and Transcripts are in: The 2023 IB Diplomas and IB Transcripts have arrived from Cardiff, Wales, UK.  2023 IB graduates or their parents can pick them up from Dr. Williams in the front office at Rickards.  Please email or call ahead so Dr. Williams can leave your IB Diploma and/or IB Transcript at the front office for you, in case he is not available when you come to campus.

Ms. J. Well

SAC Chair

/scripts/wa.exe?A3=2401&L=RICKARDS-PARENTS&E=base64&P=438240&B=--_021_BN7PR06MB3890BA27C48D4C8A32774DC7A56F2BN7PR06MB3890namp_&T=image%2Fpng;%20name=%22image009.png%22&N=image009.png

Mr. Earl Hankerson

Senior Sponsor

Grad Bash Update

FINAL PAYMENTS ARE DUE FEBRUARY 15, 2024!!!!!

Feel free to contact Coach Hankerson at [log in to unmask] to confirm your balance

Mrs. K. Proctor

Yearbook Advisor

/scripts/wa.exe?A3=2401&L=RICKARDS-PARENTS&E=base64&P=429203&B=--_021_BN7PR06MB3890BA27C48D4C8A32774DC7A56F2BN7PR06MB3890namp_&T=image%2Fpng;%20name=%22image008.png%22&N=image008.png

Attention All Seniors:

          Next Friday, January 19th is our Cap and Gown Picture Day!  We will use the following schedule:

1st period: Last Names A-D

2nd period: Last Names E-H

3rd period: Last Names I-K

4th period: Last Names L-N

5th period: Last Names O-R

6th period: Last Names S-Z

Ladies, feel free to wear a V-neck shirt to make dressing easier. Gentlemen, feel free to bring or wear a white shirt and a dark tie to expedite this process. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Proctor in the media center.

Coach Hankerson

Athletic Director

Raiders Athletics

Raiders Athletics Week of January 15 - January 20, 2023

Monday, January 15, 2024

NO EVENTS

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Lady Raiders Weightlifting vs. Taylor County, 3:00pm

Lady Raiders Soccer vs. Jefferson County, 5:00pm

Softball Parent Meeting, 6:30pm

Raiders Soccer vs. Jefferson County, 7:00pm

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

NO EVENTS

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Lady Raiders Weightlifting vs. Leon/Lincoln, 3:00pm

Lady Raiders Soccer vs. Gadsden County, 5:00pm (SENIOR NIGHT)

Lady Raiders Basketball @ Leon, 6:00pm (Game at SAIL)

Raiders Basketball vs. Gadsden County, 6:00pm JV / 7:30pm Varsity

Raiders Soccer vs. Gadsden County, 7:00pm (SENIOR NIGHT)

Friday, January 19, 2024

Lady Raiders Soccer vs. Franklin County, 5:00pm

Raiders Basketball @ Godby, 6:00pm JV / 7:30pm Varsity

Raiders Soccer vs. Franklin County, 7:00pm (SENIOR NIGHT)

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Raiders Cheer @ Callahan, Warrior Cheer Competition

Lady Raiders Basketball vs. Columbia, 3:00pm (WOMEN of POWER GAME)

Raiders Basketball vs. Milton, 6:00pm (Varsity Only)

***If you would like to donate to Raiders Athletics, please contact Earl Hankerson, Athletic Director at [log in to unmask].

Encourage your students to be the best part of Raiders Athletics.

ONE NATION...RAIDER NATION!!!

Ms. K. Satchell

Saturday School Coordinator

cid:image017.jpg@01DA2CE8.3234D910

IMPORTANT DATES

Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Districtwide Holiday

Monday, January 15, 2024

LCS Title 1 * IB Open House – Cafeteria – 6-7 PM

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Report Cards - Uploaded to FOCUS

Wednesday, January  17, 2024

SAC Meeting

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

LCS Mobile STEM LAB

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Presidents Day Districtwide Holiday

Monday, February 19, 2024

Black History Month Program

Thursday, February 29, 2024

***AVID/IB Monthly FOCUS – Strategies for Academic Growth***

AVID Strategy – Collaboration -  Students who collaborate create a safe and supportive physical and philosophical environment, are able to clearly communicate verbally and nonverbally, and listen effectively to decipher meaning.

IB LEARNER PROFILE FOCUS – THINKERS – Thinkers use critical and creative thinking skills to analyse and take responsible action on complex problemsThinkers exercise initiative in make reasoned, ethical decision.

cid:image003.jpg@01D9C6E9.06DEE1D0

https://getfortifyfl.com/