Good morning Parents and Guardians,

I hope this message finds you and your families well. As a key part of our commitment to your child’s education, we wish to address an important issue that significantly impacts student success: school attendance.

We define a chronically absent student as one who misses 10% or more of the school year, which includes both excused and unexcused absences. This equates to missing roughly 18 days over the course of a typical 180-day school year, or about 2 days per month.

Regular attendance is crucial for the continuous learning and progress of our students. While we understand that absences can be unavoidable at times due to health issues or other circumstances, we encourage you to aim for consistent attendance whenever possible.

We are here to support you and your child, and if there are challenges that make regular attendance difficult, please let us know. We are committed to working with families to address barriers to attendance so that every student can learn and flourish.

We appreciate your attention to this matter, and for your partnership in fostering an environment where every student can succeed.

Thank you,

Fort Braden School

Fortify FL
FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.

For an Immediate, Life-Threatening Emergency, Please Dial 911.

Please Note: Florida Statute 943.082 states that following an investigation, if it is determined that a person knowingly submitted a false tip through FortifyFl, the individual may be subject to criminal charges under FL statute 837.05.