Good morning, Wolves!

It is our last full week of school before Winter Break!  Please see the attached spirit days we have scheduled to close out the first semester.

Last week, our students completed FAST English/ Language Arts Progress Monitoring 2 testing.  All students will finish their PM2 testing Tuesday with Math.  Please make sure that students get a good night’s rest tonight, eat a good breakfast, and come to school on time Tuesday with their Chromebooks charged.  Students who show progress from our progress monitoring in August to this progress monitoring will receive a special reward!

We held our first school dance last Friday and it was a great success!  Ms. Burke and her leadership class did a phenomenal job preparing for the event and we have a number of faculty and staff that volunteered to make the event memorable for our students.  Our early Winter sports are finishing up.  Our boys soccer team had a great performance but came up short in their playoff match against Deerlake, our boys baseball team won the inaugural Leon County Schools Middle School baseball championship with a win over Deerlake, and our girls basketball team plays at Deerlake tonight for their championship.  Our fine arts programs have showcased their talents this month with band and chorus having multiple performances.  Our Math team also performed well this past weekend at their second competition of the year.  Please see our school calendar for more information.

This Wednesday is our next Super Howl Out.  Like last year, this Super Howl Out is themed for Taylor Swift’s birthday.  While we will have non-Taylor Swift activities for students, Leon County’s Nutrition Services has prepared a special menu (attached), our band students will perform songs at lunch, and students will have the opportunity to participate in karaoke, selfie stations, and pie faculty and staff!  All proceeds from this event with go to the Kathryn Belle Long Memorial Scholarship Fund through the Leon County Schools Foundation.

Our last Wolf Walk of the first semester is scheduled for Thursday 12/14.  If your student is planning on attending the walk, please make sure they have an Activity Participation form on file.  This are available on our website on our athletics page.  As a reminder, the last day of the first semester is next Tuesday, 12/19.  The school and our office will be closed 12/20-1/3.  Teachers and staff return to school for teacher planning days on ¼ and 1/5 and students return for second semester 1/8.

Have a great week!

cid:image001.png@01D92689.BF22E350