Hello Hawks Rise Families,
December is here!  We have 12 days left until our Winter Break.  I have been reminding students on the morning news  that though this month is exciting with all of the lights in the neighborhoods and the count down to a big break, we still have high expectations for learning.  The students will be taking their second Progress Monitoring assessments during this month, and teachers will be working with students on important skills.  Please continue to encourage your child to stay focused and to do his/her best!

School Information

  *   Today we held a practice Lockdown Drill.  The students did a wonderful job!
  *   For the next 12 days we will be focused on Kindness.  Please see the attached chart with our plans to spread kindness this month.
  *   The 2nd -5th grade Principal's Book Chat for The Castle in the Attic will take place Monday at 2:00.  The book for December for our KG -2nd graders is Mango, Abuela, and Me by Meg Medina.

Students will have the whole month to read and test (or draw a picture for our kindergarten students), and we will hold our book chat when we return in January. I will send the exact date soon.

  *   Parent pick-up and drop-off-for the safety of our students, please do not drop off students in the parking lot.  If you park, you will need to walk your child across at the crosswalk.
  *   Food Drive-the Ox Bottom Neighborhood is having a food drive for Second Harvest on December 9.  We are collecting food items at school to donate to this worthy cause.  We have two boxes in our front office.

Let's see if we can fill them to the top with food items.

Helping Hands

Time is running out to sign up for Helping Hands.  This is an incredible program that gives us the opportunity to assist Hawks Rise families in need.  Please follow the link to learn more about
the process and to sign up to assist. Please bring or send the gifts to the school by December 8.   https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084AAAAF2FA02-45731989-helping

Book Fair
The Book Fair will be open for business on Monday, December 4th. The hours of operation are as follows:

* December 4th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm

* December 5th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm

* December 6th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm,

                                 3 pm - 7 pm (after school shopping hours)

* December 7th:  8:30 am - 2:30 pm

* December 8th:  8:30 am - 1:15 pm ( GrandHawk's Day)
We need lots of volunteers to help our students shop!  Please take a look at the sign up and sign up for any times you can help.
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050C44ACAD22AAFB6-46130780-book

GrandHawk's Day
Please see the attached flyer for information about Grand Hawks'  Day next Friday.  If you plan to attend, please stop by the front office between 8:00 and 3:30, Monday through Thursday, to have your license scanned and to get your name tag.  This will save time next Friday---the line may be long!

Important Dates

  *   Dec 4-8         Progress Monitoring Begins for KG-2
  *   Dec. 5            5th Grade ELA Progress  Monitoring
  *   Dec. 6            4th Grade ELA Progress Monitoring
  *   Dec. 7            3rd Grade ELA Progress Monitoring
  *   Dec. 4-8        Book Fair
  *   Dec. 4-8        Food Drive
  *   Dec. 8           Grand Hawks Day-see attached
  *   Dec. 14         Grade chair- Cancelled
  *   Dec. 19          End of quarter

Dec. 20-Jan. 5-Winter Holidays.  Students return January 8, 2024!

PTO Spotlight

Auto-Owners Insurance is proud to be a sponsor of Hawks Rise Elementary!

Established in 1916, Auto-Owners Insurance Group is headquartered in Lansing, Michigan. Recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability, it is among the nation's largest insurers and provides insurance to nearly 3 million policyholders.
 The company is represented by 48,000 licensed agents in 26 states and offers multiple lines of insurance including life, home, auto and business.
 Auto-Owners is rated A++ (Superior) by the AM Best Company, a nationally recognized independent insurance rating authority, and is also a Fortune 500 company. It has received numerous awards from national organizations for customer service and quality, and is certified as a Great Place to Work(r).
 To find a local independent Auto-Owners agent, check out our website at www.auto-owners.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.auto-owners.com__;!!L3za_GlHDpo7CQ!WJF2IK9Y2sVC_kvF73c2aCvFe0DX5yECsoLi70dTGKndZFYqYhhTjmIOGg-kAd49qWiumrKmMFsdp4DvQMk-$> and search by city or zip code. Our agents are members of your local community and are ready and willing to help you with your family or business insurance needs!
 Interested in learning more about Auto-Owners? Be sure to follow us on social media!
[image0.jpeg]

Stay safe this rainy weekend!
In Partnership,
Terri

Terri Martin
Principal
Hawks Rise Elementary School
850-487-4733

FortifyFL: Submit a Tip
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2f%2f%2fwww.getfortifyfl.com%2fTip.html&c=E,1,YkQdDWgMxxK6upDOF0eBa6NpZ9EWuIP2spCnLe9nGH9QlO-0FxG_U32XZwyXjlRTWH23zrfthYtvHkQMiN3VV4RexETV9kYNqFJhwdMbpUSiBZCZz7h3UZ7XrQ,,&typo=1<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.getfortifyfl.com%2fTip.html&c=E,1,AJoES4QKjA6JsqepTsJCcvSv3DLYcUnoNSEjbiIBYQsnItE6cZzY6MnDYukuBhs_xXDAjhMKR832IdtJnZVjPC53j_9sGIXeY58t46jYa0DJUsAi4BKdFvp-&typo=1>