Good morning, Wolves!

I am very happy to congratulate Mila Roland for being placed on the All State Middle School Honor Band!  She will travel to Tampa later this school year to perform.  Congratulations, Mila!  Last week, all students started Information and Communication Technology (ICT) coursework through their homeroom classes.  Our 6th grade students will be learning more about internet and computer safety through Cybersecurity curriculum, while our 7th and 8th grade students will be learning more in depth information regarding responsible use of technology through Digital Citizenship curriculum.  Students will have the opportunity to receive certification in these areas as they work through the curriculum throughout the school year.

This is another busy week at the Creek!  The Florida Department of Agriculture will be touring our campus this week to observe our STEM hydroponics system, our Culinary classes, and discuss our plans for an outdoor garden.  On Wednesday, all 6th grade students will participate in the district heart screenings.  These screenings, which have taken place over the past several years, are conducted at all LCS middle schools in an effort to detect any potential health concerns.  Please visit this link to learn more.   Fall picture re-takes will take place on Thursday during lunch periods, and we will be on a Super Howl Out schedule this Thursday.  We have a number of athletic and extra-curricular events this week, as well.  Please check our school website calendar for more information.  There is no school this Friday, 10/10.

PTSO’s Charleston Wrap fundraiser continues this week!  Please consider participating by simply registering at www.registercw.com (Organization Code is 20730) and sharing the link with friends and family.  Thanks for your help as PTSO continues to support projects both in the classroom and around campus!

Have a great week!