Hello families and students of Leon Chorus!

There are many activities and concerts upcoming – we just wanted to send a reminder about them (to advertise for you to come, and for those involved, to be there to sing!)

Here they are, chronologically, in bullet point form – stating who is performing in them!

Treble Day – All Soprano and Alto Singers! November 6, 2023

This is on Monday, an all-day field trip to Chiles High School to join with other treble voices from Leon County Schools. Lunch is provided! A Concert will happen at 6pm (no charge but a $3 donation is asked at the door!) Details came home in a letter 3 weeks ago :)

Capital Singers Presents Dan Forrest’s “Requiem For the Living” – November 14th at 7:00pm

Capital Singers and a LIVE Chamber Orchestra (made up of mostly Leon Alumni) will perform one of the most famous pieces by Contemporary composer Dan Forrest. As you make your family plans for this concert - it is a 45-minute uninterrupted piece of music that is beautiful and intense at some times, and very delicate and quiet at others. We will be making a recording of this concert (some young children might not be able to sit through a work of this magnitude - there is no applause between the 5 movements, just to be transparent!) This concert is free!

Elizabethan Madrigal Dinner – December 1st at 6:30pm

Madrigal Singers presents an Elizabethan Madrigal Dinner (complete with Jesters and Stewards and the King, Queen, and Royal court!) December 1st, 2023 at St. Johns Alfriend Hall. Tickets are $30 (or $230 for a table of 8). Dinner is served and a great time is sure to be had! Tickets can be purchased at: www.teachtix.com/leonhs

If you’re at the Tallahassee Downtown Winter Festival on December 2nd, please stop by the Klemann Plaza stage at 4pm to hear Mane Event!

And finally – our Performing Arts Winter Showcase (P.A.W.S.) –

Every choir student will perform – we all have a dress rehearsal from 3-6pm on December 7th (closed to the public)

The performances will be December 8th and 9th at 7:00pm. Tickets go on sale November 1st at www.teachtix.com/leonhs

Thank you so much for all of your support!!

Tabitha Peck and Maggie Smith