Hello Hawks Rise Families,
Next week is going to be AMAZING!  I am so excited to attend my first Spirit Sprint next Friday.  Thank you to everyone who has worked to make this happen.  See the attached for more information about Spirit Sprint.
We need volunteers so please use the link to sign up, if you are available.  https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4CAFAF29A6FFC07-45431745-spirit?fbclid=IwAR2PGSOYHIT6JBjk2urs1rZOmlzmekKyxMyUPFx9blIThaqUAPpt2Dl10gA#/

[cid:02290fa8-276d-420d-a838-a315c89a0fb7]

  *   The First Friday Nest Lunch for November will be the First Thursday Nest Lunch 😊.  We will be busy with the Spirit Sprint on Friday so we will wear our Nest Shirts and enjoy lunch with our friends on Thursday, November 2.
  *   Skill of the Week—Empathy-understanding and caring about how someone else feels.
  *   KG-2nd Principals’ Book Chat—Tuesday is the last day to read Give Bees a Chance!  Kindergarten students should create a picture of something learned from the book and give to their teacher.  1st and 2nd

Grade students should take an AR test on the book by the end of the day Nov. 1.  Our book chat will be held Monday, November 6.

  *   We will read The Castle in the Attic, Elizabeth Winthrop, for our 2nd -5th grade November Principal’s Book Chat.  We have copies in the Media Center so check one out and get started

on this interesting book!

  *   We want to give a big shout out and thank you to Mrs. German and Mrs. Vogt for leading our students in lessons concerning Bullying in October and for organizing the Red Ribbon Week.  It was so much fun

to see the students participating as we celebrated the choice to be drug free.

  *   The Ox Bottom Manor Neighborhood will be holding a Fun Run on November 18.  Please see the message below and the attached flyer.

[cid:image004.jpg@01DA08EF.5DD35D70]On behalf of the Ox Bottom Manor Community Board of Directors, I would like to invite you to participate in our first ever 1 mile/5K Fun Walk Run (Fun Run Races) on November 18, 2023.  The races will be

non-competitive because the purpose of the event is to bring the community together for a little laughter and some fun for a few hours enjoying family and friends.  For parents and students that live in

the community, you can register by going to Community Events | Ox Bottom Manor Community<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.oxbottommanor.com%2fp%2fCommunity-Events&c=E,1,TQjohk837bQISQuocEg69LoQO_Xv3KJaskF3M2IFtg9A3Y88yEbLbXSsCq8XLOq_ZVqHSy7IlIdCltaFLLVWecV47545guiQzU-c2oxBvic,&typo=1> and selecting the link for the Fun Run Races.  However, if you do not live in the community,

but are interested in participating, you can email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

See the attached flyer for more details about this fun family-oriented event.  Registration is free for everyone!  Hope you will join us!

Anita B. Hicks

Ox Bottom Manor Community

Social Committee Member

Important Dates

Oct. 28          Mini Mu at Swift Creek
Oct. 31          Happy Halloween!
Nov. 2            New to the Nest Meeting 3:15
Nov. 2           First Thursday Nest Lunch
Nov 3            Spirit Sprint
Nov. 9           Grade Chair—Media Center
Nov 10          Veteran’s Day Holiday
Nov. 11         Mini-Mu Team, Rickards
Nov 14          Fire Drill
Nov. 15         Interim Reports
Nov. 16         Faculty Meeting-3:15
                      PTO Meeting 7:00
Nov. 20-24  Thanksgiving Break

Have a wonderful weekend!
In partnership,
Terri

[cid:image009.png@01DA08EF.5DD35D70]
PTO Spotlight

WELL CONNECTED, HIGHLY EFFECTIVE. Hill Spooner & Elliott, Inc. is an accomplished group of Tallahassee REALTORS® committed to representing their customers throughout the home buying and selling process. With over 60 years of combined real estate experience, business partners, Calynne Hill, Hettie Spooner, and Lindsay Elliott have proven that an innovative team with the right dynamics and cutting-edge marketing skills can flourish in the ever-changing economy. Our homes are lifetime investments ranking highly among our most important financial endeavors. At Hill Spooner & Elliott, Inc. we understand this, and we are committed to providing service excellence across Tallahassee, the Big Bend, and the Emerald Coast.

For all of your real estate needs or questions, please contact Hettie Spooner, Broker/Owner at 850-509-4337 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[image0.png]

Terri Martin
Principal
Hawks Rise Elementary School
850-487-4733

[https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgetfortifyfl.com%2fstatic%2fimg%2fLogo.png&c=E,1,XSj0dMnc6OFneJ66NISqofhjw56dYVygA7Tt1RWuZLMFnzhcfVliQBH-_2Bmgl81gwhZ8zG6OSh2BWrSgCTzlxfxcebiLqwux4CKXjg_Lw,,&typo=1]