Hello Hawks Rise Families,
We enjoyed seeing so many families on campus at Open House. Thank you to those families who were flexible with their teachers who were ill and could not attend.  There is something going around now, and I am hoping our 3-day weekend will give everyone the time to rest and recuperate.

School Information

  *   There is still time to join Girls on the Run!  Please see the attached flyer.
  *   We appreciate all the families do to keep our students safe during arrival and dismissal.  For students who ride bikes to school, please remind them that once they enter the school gates, they should walk their bike to the bike racks.  This will help keep our walkers safe.
  *   Our dismissal time continues to improve!  Remember to announce your child on Pik My Kid and to hang your car tag on your rearview mirror.
  *   Skill of the Week—Dependability—Knowing what to do and doing it consistently.

September 26-29 is a busy week!

  *   Be Bold Go Gold-- Next week, we will be hosting a penny war to support the Be Bold! Go Gold campaign.  In 2018, third grader Katelyn Irwin started this initiative. After living through her 11-month-old brother’s diagnosis with leukemia back in 2013 and undergoing treatment at UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital (he is now seven years cancer free and just celebrated his 10th  birthday!), she recognized the need to raise awareness for childhood cancer. She started a "Be Bold. Go Gold." campaign which runs September 1st- September 30th, in recognition of Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month. We will be collecting money to benefit the foundations supported by Be Bold. Go Gold: The Hang Tough Foundation, Trent’s Touch, and the Marshal Fisher Cancer Fund.  For this penny war, only pocket change will be accepted.  Starting Tuesday, September 26 and running through Friday, September 29, your child is encouraged to bring in change.  Grade levels are competing against each other to raise the greatest amount of points.  Pennies count as positive points.  Silver coins count as a negative points.  Money will be brought to grade level assigned buckets in the office.  Students are encouraged to wear Gold to celebrate our efforts on September 29.

  *   Next week is also Celebrate Freedom Week and we want to go red, white, and blue on so have students wear one, two, or all three colors on Wednesday.

Important Dates
Sept. 25        Fall Holiday
Sept. 26-29 Go Gold Penny Wars
Sept 27          Red, white, and blue day
Sept. 28        Faculty Meeting
                       SAC-6:00
                       PTO- 7:00
Sept. 29    Be Bold! Go Gold Day
Oct. 6      First Friday Nest Lunch
Oct. 13          End of 1st quarter

Have a wonderful three-day weekend.  Enjoy the extra time with your family.
In partnership.
Terri

PTO Spotlight

[image0.jpeg]

Terri Martin
Principal
Hawks Rise Elementary School
850-487-4733

[https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgetfortifyfl.com%2fstatic%2fimg%2fLogo.png&c=E,1,oQtuJH5E806t2-kXcTIFjTvz9Fl2EUiJXWwGvrFGMjSZahYsXbl09zrYRUelXN-x7O4wnc9fK_-T1HVsjMtL8mJoXJGoI2LFtaBuXAAkI6kFc3RlkSEXK9kbekjr9A,,&typo=1]