Hello SAIL Community,

Each year we have a series of Emergency Drills that we practice with students and staff to ensure we are best prepared during the event of an emergency.  We conduct drills such as: Fire, Lockdown, Lockout, and Tornado drills.  Each drill requires staff and students to follow certain safety procedures and involves communication with the district safety and security office as well as local law enforcement.

Tomorrow, August 17th, we will hold our first Lockdown Drill.  This Lockdown Drill will take place at 7:15AM before school.  This will allow our team and students on campus to review/practice this drill during a nonconventional time of the school day.  An announcement will be made at 7:15am and students will be moved to the nearest building for the duration of the drill.   Students sitting outside the entrance gate will be asked to move into the nearest classroom with a staff member and those waiting in parent pick-up will need to remain in the car until the drill is over.  Students that arrive early by LCS bus transportation will remain in the cafeteria.

Friday, August 18th, we will be conducting our first Fire Drill and this will take place during the school day.  Students will exit the building with their teacher and once all classes are accounted for, students will immediately return to the classroom.

If at any time you have any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the administration team or myself.

Sincerely,

Matt Roberson

Principal

SAIL High School