Hello SAIL Families!!

Attendance is particularly important at SAIL. It is a critical component of our hands-on approach to learning. To reinforce good attendance, we offer the possibility of Intensive preference, pizza parties, and other rewards to students who have great attendance (plus good academics and discipline record). For non-attendance, we utilize a “conferencing approach” instead of an automatic failure policy. However, SAIL is a magnet school and part of electing to come to SAIL is your agreement to participate. Attendance is participation. We expect our students to be present on campus every day!

RESPONSIBILITIES/PROCEDURES FOR CLEARING AN ABSENCE

PARENTS – email excuse notes to [log in to unmask]" data-linkindex="0" id="OWAdf9cf7bb-7f79-bf39-5011-417f9bb339f6" style="margin: 0px; text-decoration: underline; color: blue;" class="OWAAutoLink ContentPasted0" data-loopstyle="linkonly">[log in to unmask] on a daily basis. NEW – you can also upload excuse notes in Parent Portal/FOCUS.  **See below for excused absences.  Please do not leave messages for tardies and/or early release information. In order to clear a prior day’s absences, a note signed by parent/guardian is required to be turned into the office, emailed, or uploaded to the Parent Portal/FOCUS.  Please include the following in your note: (1) Student Name, (2) reason student was absent (see below), (3) date(s) student was absent, and (4) attached doctor/excuse note if necessary.

Excused Absences

Absences can be excused for the following reasons:

Any consecutive absences of 5 days or more WILL require a doctor’s note upon return to school.  For doctor’s and court appointments, please remember to bring a note and try not to miss a whole day of school.

Excessive excused absences may necessitate a doctor’s excuse and/or a parent attendance conference. You must attend school regularly to hold your seat at SAIL.

To remove yourself from listserve: