Today was a FANTASTIC first day!

Our students seem excited to be back with their friends, and eager to start their new class routines.

A few reminders:

Morning Drop Off went exceptionally well this morning.  Please have your children ready to disembark from the passenger side of your vehicle.  We kindly ask that before you pass the kindergarten playground – please make sure your student has their shoes on, backpack and lunchbox in their lap, hair brushed and hugs/kisses already given.  Pull ALL THE WAY forward when directed by our morning duty staff.

We had some sick friends miss the first day of school.  It’s a huge bummer to miss the first day, but we appreciate the families who kept their children home to heal.  Attached is some detailed information on when to keep a sick child home.  Please email [log in to unmask] to report a student’s absence.

Dismissal is always the trickiest part of our day.  We appreciate your patience as we have your children move as quickly and safely as possible to the car pick up line.

Afternoon Pick Up was also very successful. Keep your PikMyKid app closed until you enter Pimlico Drive and announce your arrival as you pass the marquee. Also, remember to keep your eyes on the road and have your completed car tag hanging on your rearview mirror. The car tag is a must.  Giving our staff on PikMyKid duty a thumbs up, if you have announced, will help move the process along.

Tomorrow is UMOJA day- please encourage your child to wear their HOUSE colors. Kindergarten students will be sorted at the end of the first nine weeks.

Thank you again for a FANTASTIC first day and we will see everyone back tomorrow morning.

Kim McFarland

Principal

Roberts Elementary

850.488.0923