Good Afternoon parents—

As you are aware, our school will be closed tomorrow as we brace for any possible impacts caused by Hurricane Idalia. Our district has also made the decision to keep schools closed on Thursday, August 30 too.

Once the storm passes, LCS staff will evaluate any impact to our schools and make a determination for school operations on Friday.

Please stay tuned to local media broadcasts and the Leon County Schools social media channels for important updates in regards to school closings.

We hope your family has made necessary arrangements to be safe and secure over the next 24 hours. Be safe and we will update you soon.

Kind regards,

Principal Maurice Stokes