Dear Parents,

In our efforts to be more efficient and to decrease the volume of emails and paper usage, we are aiming to use the Focus parent portal for the purpose it was designed. We ask that you please upload your notes to the system. If you do not have access to a desktop, you are welcome to send the excused note with your child, bring it to our office or the last resort, email us. Please see the instructions to upload notes attached.

Excused notes must be uploaded to the Focus Parent Portal or brought into the attendance office.

You must be on a desktop.

Log into FOCUS parent portal.

Click on child’s photo on left.

Click on absences.

Load notes into “excuse notes” – there are three options: scan, upload, take photo

If your student has unexcused absences or tardies, an alert displays on the Portal in the Alerts section. Click the alert to navigate to the Absences (Summary) screen.

To add excuse note(s) for a student, hover over the Excuse Note field on the Attendance Chart View, then click Click Upload if the file is already saved on your computer.

i. Search for the file, click the file, then click Open. Note: You cannot upload Word documents. However, you can save a Word document as a PDF, then upload it.

c. Click Take Photo to take a picture of the note with your computer camera.

i. Once the note is in view of the camera, click Take Photo.

Use this link https://leon.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/auth/ to sign up for an account or to add another student. Instructions to upload notes to the Portal will be published routinely

Let us know if you have questions.

All our best for 2023-24 school year!!

Deshone D. Hedrington