Good afternoon,

This is an update to information shared previously about Hurricane Idalia.

Leon County Schools will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday. Leon County Schools is hosting 7 shelters open to the community for individuals needing to evacuate.   These shelters are located at Chiles High School, Fairview Middle School, Ft. Braden K-8 school, Godby High School, Lincoln High School, Rickards High School, and SAIL High School.  They will be open beginning at 5 pm today, August 29, 2023.  For additional information, please call 850-922-KIDS (850-922-5437).

Please be sure to update your contact information in FOCUS so that you can receive additional notifications from the district.

We will update you all on Thursday once we get the all clear from Safety and Security. Please stay safe and take care!

Sincerely,

[cid:image001.png@01D9DA89.B0449680]