Attention RAM NATION!!!

It is that time again to GEAR UP for an exciting, fun, and academically successful school year! I am extremely excited about what the year has in store for us. I am equally as excited to meet our new RAM students as well as to see the faces of our returning RAMS. So on behalf of the faculty and staff at Augusta Raa Magnet Middle School of the Arts, welcome to the 2023-2024 school year.

Your partnership with us in ensuring our children can achieve their highest potential is paramount. As we continue our journey of post-pandemic education, we recognize that in order for our children to be successful, they will need strong support from both home and school. As a RAM NATION family, we share in the honor and responsibility of our children’s success, and we want you to know that we will be dedicated, determined, and strategic in carrying out our responsibilities.

There is some important information I would like to pass along as we get closer to the start of school.

Important Dates:

7th Grade Vaccination Information

The Florida Department of Health requires all 7th Graders to have the following immunization:

Documentation of the Tdap is required BEFORE your student starts 7th Grade. Please submit updated Florida Certifications of Immunizations (Form DH 680) to the registrar's office.

Email Ms. Schaefer  if you have any questions: [log in to unmask]

Will your child try out for a sport this year?

They will need a physical form completed by a doctor to try out for any sport. Email a copy to the athletic director Mr. Josh Atkins ([log in to unmask]) before the tryout window.

ALL 8th Grade Parents! (see attachment)

It’s time to verify your address before you head to high school!

LCS Policy 5112, you must submit two proofs of residency, regardless of which school your student will be attending.

Submitting your Address Verification is easy!

Go to your FOCUS Parent Portal account and follow the steps to fill out the form and upload two proofs of residency.

Please note: As a 8th grade parent, if you try to log into your FOCUS Parent Portal, you will not be able to access any of your student’s information until the Address Verification is complete.

If you have an extenuating circumstance, please email [log in to unmask] and we will assist you in making sure you are in compliance.

Visit our website for more information! https://www.leonschools.net/Page/30896

Orientation - Friday, August 5, 2022 from 10:30 – 12:30

We invite all parents and students (especially our new 6th grade families) to come on campus and walk your student’s schedules. During this time, you will also have the opportunity to update your contact information in FOCUS, gather information on transportation from a Leon County Schools Transportation Representative, and meet the faculty and administration.

First Day of School - Wednesday, August 10, 2022

(PLEASE REMEMBER) Supervision starts at 8:45 am until 4:20 pm. If your student needs supervision before or after that time, we offer a fee-based EDEP program.  Please email Mrs. Lisa Gilmore ([log in to unmask]) for more information.

Join our Listserv

We communicate to our RAM Community family in many forms. One of the most essential ways is through the listserv. If you have not joined, please visit our website (https://www.leonschools.net/raa) and click on the icon “Listserv”. Then click on “subscribe” in the right corner to sign up.

Join our Parent Teacher Organization

Our PTO meets monthly and is a critical component of our success as a school. Please sign up for our PTO Remind by texting @ ramspto to 81010.

School Supplies

Please note parents will receive a course syllabus from each teacher, which may note special supplies for that course. All parents should set up their FOCUS Parent Portal accounts. This can be done from the Raa Website.

I am so excited for this school year! TOGETHER WE ARE RAM NATION!!

RAA PRIDE……RAM TOUGH!!!

Dr. Marcus Scott,

Proud Principal

RAM NATION!!