Good afternoon, Wolves.

Ms. Long, Swift Creek’s Theatre and Dance teacher, recently passed away after her battle with cancer.  Ms. Long was a phenomenal teacher who cared deeply for all of her students.  Her reach stretched far beyond Pedrick Road, however, and her loss will be felt far beyond our Tallahassee community.   The Tallahassee Democrat published an article about Ms. Long, which can be found here.

We encourage students, families, and friends to discuss Ms. Long’s passing, remembering the positive impact she had on all of our lives.  These conversations, however, can be difficult.  I have attached Leon County Schools’ community resource page of support, if anyone feels they may need additional support through this difficult time.

In addition, the family asked that we share Ms. Long’s funeral arrangements with our community.     Her family would like everyone to celebrate the end of the school year, and Memorial Day weekend, prior to her services.  There will be a viewing and visitation at Bevis Funeral Home on Friday, June 2nd from 6:00-8:00 PM.  Her funeral service will be held at Immanuel Baptist Church on Saturday, June 3rd, at 10:00 am.  Graveside services will follow at Oakland Cemetery.