Good afternoon, Wolves!

It’s hard to believe it is the last month of the school year!  There are important events throughout the month of May that impact our students.  Please review our school website calendar for all of the up to date information.

Tomorrow kicks off our state end of the year testing.  All students will participate in ELA testing on 5/2 and Math testing on 5/4.  Our 7th grade students will participate in the state Civics test on 5/11 and our 8th grade students will be taking the state Science test on 5/16.  Our students and teachers have worked extremely hard this year to prepare for these assessments.  Please make sure students charge their Chromebooks and bring them to school on testing day, get a good night’s rest the night before testing, eat a good breakfast, and please encourage them to try their best.  I know that they will continue to shine on these assessments as they have throughout the school year this year!

This Friday is our PTSO Silent Auction.  We have great items up for bid, entertainment provided  by Lincoln Chorus and Orchestra, and food available for purchase.  Please consider stopping by the Cafeteria Friday night and participate!

Next week is our teacher/staff appreciation week.  Swift Creek is fortunate to have so many caring, compassionate team members that are dedicated to the success of our students.  We have a number of events planned next week to show teachers and staff how much we appreciate their efforts in creating a supportive learning community.  If any families would like to support our activities, we are requesting gift cards (No more than $10 each) and desserts to be dropped off no later than next Tuesday 5/9, to the main office.  Thank you, in advance, for your help in recognizing our faculty and staff!

Please see the attachment from Ms. Daniels, our EDEP director.  It explains the registration process for our before and afterschool program for the 2023-2024 school year.